openSUSE 10 Security Update : apache2 (apache2-6576)
High Nessus Plugin ID 42319
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update of the Apache webserver fixes various security issues :
- the option IncludesNOEXEC could be bypassed via .htaccess (CVE-2009-1195)
- mod_proxy could run into an infinite loop when used as reverse proxy (CVE-2009-1890)
- mod_deflate continued to compress large files even after a network connection was closed, causing mod_deflate to consume large amounts of CPU (CVE-2009-1891)
- The ap_proxy_ftp_handler function in modules/proxy/proxy_ftp.c in the mod_proxy_ftp module allows remote FTP servers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and child process crash) via a malformed reply to an EPSV command. (CVE-2009-3094)
- access restriction bypass in mod_proxy_ftp module (CVE-2009-3095)
SolutionUpdate the affected apache2 packages.