New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionIBM Java 5 was updated to SR8 to fix various security issues :
- Multiple vulnerabilities with unsigned applets were reported. A remote attacker could misuse an unsigned applet to connect to localhost services running on the host running the applet. (CVE-2008-3104)
- A vulnerability in the XML processing API was found. A remote attacker who caused malicious XML to be processed by an untrusted applet or application was able to elevate permissions to access URLs on a remote host.
- A buffer overflow vulnerability was found in the font processing code. This allowed remote attackers to extend the permissions of an untrusted applet or application, allowing it to read and/or write local files, as well as to execute local applications accessible to the user running the untrusted application. (CVE-2008-3108)
- Several buffer overflow vulnerabilities in Java Web Start were reported. These vulnerabilities allowed an untrusted Java Web Start application to elevate its privileges, allowing it to read and/or write local files, as well as to execute local applications accessible to the user running the untrusted application. (CVE-2008-3111)
- Two file processing vulnerabilities in Java Web Start were found. A remote attacker, by means of an untrusted Java Web Start application, was able to create or delete arbitrary files with the permissions of the user running the untrusted application. (CVE-2008-3112 / CVE-2008-3113)
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start when processing untrusted applications was reported. An attacker was able to acquire sensitive information, such as the cache location. (CVE-2008-3114)
This release also reinstates previous Crypto Export policy jars lost between SR3 and SR8.
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 5591.