SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionIBM Java 5 was updated to SR8 to fix various security issues :
- Multiple vulnerabilities with unsigned applets were reported. A remote attacker could misuse an unsigned applet to connect to localhost services running on the host running the applet. (CVE-2008-3104)
- A vulnerability in the XML processing API was found. A remote attacker who caused malicious XML to be processed by an untrusted applet or application was able to elevate permissions to access URLs on a remote host.
- A buffer overflow vulnerability was found in the font processing code. This allowed remote attackers to extend the permissions of an untrusted applet or application, allowing it to read and/or write local files, as well as to execute local applications accessible to the user running the untrusted application. (CVE-2008-3108)
- Several buffer overflow vulnerabilities in Java Web Start were reported. These vulnerabilities allowed an untrusted Java Web Start application to elevate its privileges, allowing it to read and/or write local files, as well as to execute local applications accessible to the user running the untrusted application. (CVE-2008-3111)
- Two file processing vulnerabilities in Java Web Start were found. A remote attacker, by means of an untrusted Java Web Start application, was able to create or delete arbitrary files with the permissions of the user running the untrusted application. (CVE-2008-3112 / CVE-2008-3113)
- A vulnerability in Java Web Start when processing untrusted applications was reported. An attacker was able to acquire sensitive information, such as the cache location. (CVE-2008-3114)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 5557.
File Name: suse_java-1_5_0-ibm-5557.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 8/26/2008