Fedora 8 : pcre-7.3-4.fc8 (2008-6111)
High Nessus Plugin ID 33415
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description- Fri Jul 4 2008 Tomas Hoger <thoger at redhat.com> - 7.3-4
- Apply Tavis Ormandy's patch for CVE-2008-2371.
- Tue Feb 12 2008 Tomas Hoger <thoger at redhat.com> - 7.3-3
- Backport patch from upstream pcre 7.6 to address buffer overflow caused by 'a character class containing a very large number of characters with codepoints greater than 255 (in UTF-8 mode)' CVE-2008-0674, #431660
- Try re-enabling make check again.
- Fri Nov 16 2007 Stepan Kasal <skasal at redhat.com> - 7.3-2
- Remove obsolete ``reqs'
- add dist tag
- update BuildRoot
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected pcre package.