New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- CVE-2008-0600: A local privilege escalation was found in the vmsplice_pipe system call, which could be used by local attackers to gain root access.
- CVE-2007-6206: Core dumps from root might be accessible to the wrong owner.
And the following bugs (numbers are https://bugzilla.novell.com/ references) :
- Update to minor kernel version 126.96.36.199
- networking bugfixes
- contains the following patches which were removed :
Avoid critical temp shutdowns on specific Thinkpad R50p (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=333043).
- Update config files. CONFIG_USB_DEBUG in debug kernel
- patches.rt/megasas_IRQF_NODELAY.patch: Convert megaraid sas IRQ to non-threaded IRQ (337489).
- patches.drivers/libata-implement-force-parameter added to series.conf.
- patches.xen/xen3-fixup-arch-i386: xen3 i386 build fixes.
- patches.xen/xenfb-module-param: Re: Patching Xen virtual framebuffer.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.