SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- CVE-2008-0600: A local privilege escalation was found in the vmsplice_pipe system call, which could be used by local attackers to gain root access.
- CVE-2007-6206: Core dumps from root might be accessible to the wrong owner.
And the following bugs (numbers are https://bugzilla.novell.com/ references) :
- Update to minor kernel version 184.108.40.206
- networking bugfixes
- contains the following patches which were removed :
Avoid critical temp shutdowns on specific Thinkpad R50p (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=333043).
- Update config files. CONFIG_USB_DEBUG in debug kernel
- patches.rt/megasas_IRQF_NODELAY.patch: Convert megaraid sas IRQ to non-threaded IRQ (337489).
- patches.drivers/libata-implement-force-parameter added to series.conf.
- patches.xen/xen3-fixup-arch-i386: xen3 i386 build fixes.
- patches.xen/xenfb-module-param: Re: Patching Xen virtual framebuffer.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.