New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis kernel update is a respin of a previous one that broke CPUFREQ support (bug 357598).
Previous changes :
This kernel update fixes the following security problems :
CVE-2008-0007: Insufficient range checks in certain fault handlers could be used by local attackers to potentially read or write kernel memory.
CVE-2008-0001: Incorrect access mode checks could be used by local attackers to corrupt directory contents and so cause denial of service attacks or potentially execute code.
CVE-2007-5966: Integer overflow in the hrtimer_start function in kernel/hrtimer.c in the Linux kernel before 18.104.22.168 allows local users to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (panic) via a large relative timeout value. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third-party information.
CVE-2007-3843: The Linux kernel checked the wrong global variable for the CIFS sec mount option, which might allow remote attackers to spoof CIFS network traffic that the client configured for security signatures, as demonstrated by lack of signing despite sec=ntlmv2i in a SetupAndX request.
CVE-2007-6417: The shmem_getpage function (mm/shmem.c) in Linux kernel 2.6.11 through 2.6.23 does not properly clear allocated memory in some rare circumstances, which might allow local users to read sensitive kernel data or cause a denial of service (crash).
And the following bugs (numbers are https://bugzilla.novell.com/ references) :
- patches.fixes/input-add-amilo-pro-v-to-nomux.patch: Add Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro 2010 to nomux list (345699).
- patches.arch/acpica-psd.patch: Changed resolution of named references in packages (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=346831).
- patches.fixes/acpica_sizeof.patch: SizeOf operator ACPI interpreter fix (http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9558).
sata_sis: fix SCR access (331610).
- patches.drivers/libata-tape-fix: libata: backport tape support fixes (345438).
To find the frequency given the fid and did is family dependent. (#332722).
- patches.drivers/libata-force-cable-type: libata:
implement libata.force_cbl parameter (337610).
- patches.drivers/libata-sata_nv-disable-ADMA: sata_nv:
disable ADMA by default (346508).
[VIA_VELOCITY]: Don't oops on MTU change. (341537).
via-velocity: don't oops on MTU change while down (341537).
- patches.fixes/sony-laptop-call-sonypi_compat_init-earlier: s ony-laptop: call sonypi_compat_init earlier (343483).
- Updated kABI symbols for 22.214.171.124 changes, and Xen x86_64 changes.
- series.conf file cleanup: group together latency tracing patches.
- Fix a memory leak and a panic in drivers/block/cciss.c patches.drivers/cciss-panic-in-blk_rq_map_sg: Panic in blk_rq_map_sg() from CCISS driver.
- patches.drivers/cciss-fix_memory_leak :
- Address missed-interrupt issues discovered upstream.
- Update to 126.96.36.199
- fixes CVE-2007-5966
- lots of libata fixes, which cause the following to be removed :
- patches.drivers/libata-add-NCQ-spurious-completion-horka ges
- removed patches already in this release :
- patches.fixes/i4l-avoid-copying-an-overly-long-string.pa tch :
- patches.fixes/microtek_hal.diff: Delete.
- fixed previous poweroff regression from 188.8.131.52
- lots of other fixes and some new pci ids.
- Thousands of changes in patches.rt/ for the kernel-rt* kernels.
- patches.fixes/usb_336850.diff: fix missing quirk leading to a device disconnecting under load (336850).
- patches.fixes/nfs-unmount-leak.patch: NFSv2/v3: Fix a memory leak when using -onolock (336253).
- add xenfb-module-param patch to make Xen virtual frame buffer configurable in the guest domains, instead of a fixed resolution of 800x600.
- patches.xen/xen3-aux-at_vector_size.patch: Also include x86-64 (310037).
- patches.xen/xen3-patch-2.6.18: Fix system lockup (335121).
- patches.fixes/acpi_autoload_baydock.patch: autloading of dock module (302482). Fixed a general bug with linux specific hids there.
- patches.xen/xen3-patch-184.108.40.206-12: Linux 220.127.116.11.
- patches.xen/xen3-fixup-arch-i386: Fix CONFIG_APM=m issue.
- patches.xen/xen-x86-no-lapic: Re-diff.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.