SuSE 10 Security Update : samba (ZYPP Patch Number 2556)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 29575
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionA logic error in the deferred open code can lead to an infinite loop in Samba's smbd daemon. (CVE-2007-0452)
In addition the following changes are included with these packages :
- Move tdb utils to the client package.
- The version string of binaries reported by the -V option now include the package version control system version number.
- Fix time value reporting in libsmbclient; [#195285].
- Store and restore NT hashes as string compatible values;
- Added winbindd null sid fix; [#185053].
- Fix from Alison Winters of SGI to build even if make_vscan is 0.
- Send correct workstation name to prevent NT_STATUS_INVALID_WORKSTATION beeing returned in samlogon; [#148645], [#161051].
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 2556.