SuSE 10 Security Update : PHP (ZYPP Patch Number 2236)
High Nessus Plugin ID 29376
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis update fixes the following security problems in the PHP scripting language :
- Various buffer overflows in htmlentities/htmlspecialchars internal routines could be used to crash the PHP interpreter or potentially execute code, depending on the PHP application used.
- A missing open_basedir check inside chdir() function was added.
- A tempnam() openbasedir bypass was fixed.
- A possible buffer overflow in stream_socket_client() when using 'bindto' + IPv6 was fixed.
- Do not build php5 with --enable-sigchld.
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 2236.