SuSE 10 Security Update : apache2 (ZYPP Patch Number 4669)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 29373
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionSeveral bugs were fixed in the Apache2 webserver :
These include the following security issues :
- mod_status: Fix a possible XSS attack against a site with a public server-status page and ExtendedStatus enabled, for browsers which perform charset 'detection'.
- mod_cache: Prevent a segmentation fault if attributes are listed in a Cache-Control header without any value.
- prefork, worker, event MPMs: Ensure that the parent process cannot be forced to kill processes outside its process group. (CVE-2007-3304)
- mod_proxy: Prevent reading past the end of a buffer when parsing date-related headers. PR 41144. (CVE-2007-3847)
- mod_autoindex: Add in ContentType and Charset options to IndexOptions directive. This allows the admin to explicitly set the content-type and charset of the generated page. (CVE-2007-4465)
and the following non-security issues :
- get_module_list: replace loadmodule.conf atomically
- Use File::Temp to create good tmpdir in logresolve.pl2 (httpd-2.x.x-logresolve.patchs)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 4669.