openSUSE 10 Security Update : apache2 (apache2-4666)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 28282
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionSeveral bugs were fixed in the Apache2 webserver :
These include the following security issues :
- CVE-2006-5752: mod_status: Fix a possible XSS attack against a site with a public server-status page and ExtendedStatus enabled, for browsers which perform charset 'detection'.
- CVE-2007-1863: mod_cache: Prevent a segmentation fault if attributes are listed in a Cache-Control header without any value.
- CVE-2007-3304: prefork, worker, event MPMs: Ensure that the parent process cannot be forced to kill processes outside its process group.
- CVE-2007-3847: mod_proxy: Prevent reading past the end of a buffer when parsing date-related headers. PR 41144.
- CVE-2007-4465: mod_autoindex: Add in ContentType and Charset options to IndexOptions directive. This allows the admin to explicitly set the content-type and charset of the generated page.
and the following non-security issues :
- get_module_list: replace loadmodule.conf atomically
- Use File::Temp to create good tmpdir in logresolve.pl2 (httpd-2.x.x-logresolve.patchs)
SolutionUpdate the affected apache2 packages.