openSUSE 10 Security Update : samba (samba-2553)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 27427
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionA logic error in the deferred open code can lead to an infinite loop in Samba's smbd daemon (CVE-2007-0452).
In addition the following changes are included with these packages :
- Move tdb utils to the client package.
- Add version of the package subversion to Samba vendor version suffix.
- Fix time value reporting in libsmbclient; [#195285].
- Store and restore NT hashes as string compatible values;
- Added winbindd null sid fix; [#185053].
- Fix from Alison Winters of SGI to build even if make_vscan is 0.
- Send correct workstation name to prevent NT_STATUS_INVALID_WORKSTATION beeing returned in samlogon; [#148645], [#161051].
SolutionUpdate the affected samba packages.