openSUSE 10 Security Update : ImageMagick (ImageMagick-2006)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 27104
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionSeveral security problems have been fixed in ImageMagick :
- CVE-2006-3744: Several heap buffer overflow were found in the Sun Bitmap decoder of ImageMagick by an audit by the Google Security Team. This problem could be exploited by an attacker to execute code.
- CVE-2006-3743: Multiple buffer overflows were found in the XCF handling due to incorrect bounds checking by the Google Security Team. This problem could be exploited by an attacker to execute code.
- CVE-2006-4144: A integer overflow in the ReadSGIImage function can be used by attackers to potentially execute code.
- An infinite loop in ImageMagick caused by TransformHSB was fixed.
- An infinite loop in handling of TIFF images was fixed.
SolutionUpdate the affected ImageMagick packages.