SynopsisThe remote host is missing a vendor-supplied security patch
DescriptionThe remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2006:052 (php4,php5).
Various security problems have been fixed in the PHP script language engine and its modules, versions 4 and 5.
The PHP4 updated packages were released on September 12, the PHP5 update packages were released on September 20.
The following security problems were fixed, with respective Mitre CVE ID:
- The CURL module lacked checks for control characters (CVE-2006-2563)
- A potential basedir evasion in the CURL module (CVE-2006-4483)
- basedir and safemode evasion in the IMAP module (CVE-2006-4481)
- str_repeat() contained an integer overflow (CVE-2006-4482)
- GIF LZWReadByte overflow in the GD extension (CVE-2006-4484)
- ext/wddx contained a buffer overflow
- memory_limit() lacked checks for integer overflows
- fixed memory overflow in foreach (CVE-2006-4482)
- a bug in sscanf() could potentially be exploited to execute arbitrary code (CVE-2006-4020)