FreeBSD : bugzilla -- multiple vulnerabilities (6d68618a-7199-11db-a2ad-000c6ec775d9)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 23664
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionA Bugzilla Security Advisory reports :
- Sometimes the information put into the <h1> and <h2> tags in Bugzilla was not properly escaped, leading to a possible XSS vulnerability.
- Bugzilla administrators were allowed to put raw, unfiltered HTML into many fields in Bugzilla, leading to a possible XSS vulnerability.
Now, the HTML allowed in those fields is limited.
- attachment.cgi could leak the names of private attachments
- The 'deadline' field was visible in the XML format of a bug, even to users who were not a member of the 'timetrackinggroup.'
- A malicious user could pass a URL to an admin, and make the admin delete or change something that he had not intended to delete or change.
- It is possible to inject arbitrary HTML into the showdependencygraph.cgi page, allowing for a cross-site scripting attack.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.