Medium Nessus Plugin ID 20335
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a vendor-supplied security patch
DescriptionThe remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2005:069 (php4,php5).
Updated PHP packages fix the following security issues:
- Stefan Esser found out that a bug in parse_str() could lead to activation of register_globals (CVE-2005-3389) and additionally that file uploads could overwrite $GLOBALS (CVE-2005-3390)
- Bugs in the exif code could lead to a crash (CVE-2005-3353)
- Missing safe_mode checks in image processing code and cURL functions allowed to bypass safe_mode and open_basedir (CVE-2005-3391)
- Information leakage via the virtual() function (CVE-2005-3392)
- Missing input sanitation in the mb_send_mail() function potentially allowed to inject arbitrary mail headers (CVE-2005-3883)
The previous security update for php caused crashes when mod_rewrite was used. The updated packages fix that problem as well.