High Nessus Plugin ID 19243
SynopsisThe remote host is missing a vendor-supplied security patch
DescriptionThe remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2005:034 (opera).
The web browser Opera has been updated to version 8.01 to fix various security-related bugs.
* Fixed XMLHttpRequest redirect vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 15008.
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 15411.
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability in location header when automatic redirection is disabled. Vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 15423.
* Fix for variant of window injection vulnerability reported in Secunia Advisory 13253
* Fixed information disclosure weakness causing file path information to be sent when using the GET form method. Security Focus Bugtraq ID #12723.
* Improved accuracy of security bar and modified security icon behavior: when a certificate is accepted manually after a warning, the security level of the connection is set to 1.
* Fixed issue with wrong referrers being sent to sites in browsing history.
* Fixed erroneous display of certificate names containing ampersands.
* Solved problem with collapsed address bars for some pop-ups missing indication of security level.
These issues are tracked by the Mitre CVE IDs CVE-2005-1475, CVE-2005-1669 and CVE-2004-1157.