FreeBSD : ethereal -- multiple protocol dissectors vulnerabilities (cb470368-94d2-11d9-a9e0-0001020eed82)
High Nessus Plugin ID 19120
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionAn Ethreal Security Advisories reports :
Issues have been discovered in the following protocol dissectors :
- Matevz Pustisek discovered a buffer overflow in the Etheric dissector. CVE: CAN-2005-0704
- The GPRS-LLC dissector could crash if the 'ignore cipher bit' option was enabled. CVE: CAN-2005-0705
- Diego Giago discovered a buffer overflow in the 3GPP2 A11 dissector.
This flaw was later reported by Leon Juranic. CVE: CAN-2005-0699
- Leon Juranic discovered a buffer overflow in the IAPP dissector.
- A bug in the JXTA dissector could make Ethereal crash.
- A bug in the sFlow dissector could make Ethereal crash.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.