SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 host has a package installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2023:3631-1 advisory.
- In the Linux kernel, pick_next_rt_entity() may return a type confused entry, not detected by the BUG_ON condition, as the confused entry will not be NULL, but list_head.The buggy error condition would lead to a type confused entry with the list head,which would then be used as a type confused sched_rt_entity,causing memory corruption. (CVE-2023-1077)
- A flaw was found in the networking subsystem of the Linux kernel within the handling of the RPL protocol.
This issue results from the lack of proper handling of user-supplied data, which can lead to an assertion failure. This may allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to create a denial of service condition on the system. (CVE-2023-2156)
- A heap out-of-bounds write vulnerability in the Linux Kernel ipvlan network driver can be exploited to achieve local privilege escalation. The out-of-bounds write is caused by missing skb->cb initialization in the ipvlan network driver. The vulnerability is reachable if CONFIG_IPVLAN is enabled. We recommend upgrading past commit 90cbed5247439a966b645b34eb0a2e037836ea8e. (CVE-2023-3090)
- Linux Kernel nftables Out-Of-Bounds Read/Write Vulnerability; nft_byteorder poorly handled vm register contents when CAP_NET_ADMIN is in any user or network namespace (CVE-2023-35001)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in vcs_read in drivers/tty/vt/vc_screen.c in vc_screen in the Linux Kernel. This flaw allows an attacker with local user access to cause a system crash or leak internal kernel information. (CVE-2023-3567)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel-livepatch-5_3_18-150300_59_124-default package.
File Name: suse_SU-2023-3631-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-livepatch-5_3_18-150300_59_124-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 9/18/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 3/27/2023