New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.3
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.x installed on the remote host is older than 5.1.5. Such versions may be affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The c-client library 2000, 2001, or 2004 for PHP does not check the safe_mode or open_basedir functions.
- A buffer overflow exists in the sscanf function.
- The file_exists and imap_reopen functions do not check for the safe_mode and open_basedir settings, which allows local users to bypass the settings. (CVE-2006-4481)
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflows exist in the str_repeat and wordwrap functions in ext/standard/string.c. (CVE-2006-4482)
- The cURL extension files permit the CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION option when open_basedir or safe_mode is enabled, which allows attackers to perform unauthorized actions. (CVE-2006-4483)
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the LWZReadByte_ function in ext/gd/libgd/gd_gif_in.c in the GD extension. (CVE-2006-4484)
- The stripos function is affected by an out-of-bounds read. (CVE-2006-4485)
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.1.5 or later.