SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLED15 / SLED_SAP15 / SLES15 / SLES_SAP15 / openSUSE 15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2023:1710-1 advisory.
- A vulnerability was found in Linux Kernel. It has been classified as problematic. Affected is an unknown function of the file mm/memory.c of the component Driver Handler. The manipulation leads to use after free. It is possible to launch the attack remotely. It is recommended to apply a patch to fix this issue.
The identifier of this vulnerability is VDB-211020. (CVE-2022-3523)
- An out-of-bounds(OOB) memory access vulnerability was found in vmwgfx driver in drivers/gpu/vmxgfx/vmxgfx_kms.c in GPU component in the Linux kernel with device file '/dev/dri/renderD128 (or Dxxx)'. This flaw allows a local attacker with a user account on the system to gain privilege, causing a denial of service(DoS). (CVE-2022-36280)
- A NULL pointer dereference vulnerability was found in vmwgfx driver in drivers/gpu/vmxgfx/vmxgfx_execbuf.c in GPU component of Linux kernel with device file '/dev/dri/renderD128 (or Dxxx)'. This flaw allows a local attacker with a user account on the system to gain privilege, causing a denial of service(DoS).
- The current implementation of the prctl syscall does not issue an IBPB immediately during the syscall. The ib_prctl_set function updates the Thread Information Flags (TIFs) for the task and updates the SPEC_CTRL MSR on the function __speculation_ctrl_update, but the IBPB is only issued on the next schedule, when the TIF bits are checked. This leaves the victim vulnerable to values already injected on the BTB, prior to the prctl syscall. The patch that added the support for the conditional mitigation via prctl (ib_prctl_set) dates back to the kernel 4.9.176. We recommend upgrading past commit a664ec9158eeddd75121d39c9a0758016097fa96 (CVE-2023-0045)
- There is a use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux Kernel which can be exploited to achieve local privilege escalation. To reach the vulnerability kernel configuration flag CONFIG_TLS or CONFIG_XFRM_ESPINTCP has to be configured, but the operation does not require any privilege. There is a use-after-free bug of icsk_ulp_data of a struct inet_connection_sock. When CONFIG_TLS is enabled, user can install a tls context (struct tls_context) on a connected tcp socket. The context is not cleared if this socket is disconnected and reused as a listener. If a new socket is created from the listener, the context is inherited and vulnerable. The setsockopt TCP_ULP operation does not require any privilege. We recommend upgrading past commit 2c02d41d71f90a5168391b6a5f2954112ba2307c (CVE-2023-0461)
- A flaw possibility of memory leak in the Linux kernel cpu_entry_area mapping of X86 CPU data to memory was found in the way user can guess location of exception stack(s) or other important data. A local user could use this flaw to get access to some important data with expected location in memory. (CVE-2023-0597)
- A flaw was found in the Linux Kernel. The tls_is_tx_ready() incorrectly checks for list emptiness, potentially accessing a type confused entry to the list_head, leaking the last byte of the confused field that overlaps with rec->tx_ready. (CVE-2023-1075)
- A flaw was found in the Linux Kernel. The tun/tap sockets have their socket UID hardcoded to 0 due to a type confusion in their initialization function. While it will be often correct, as tuntap devices require CAP_NET_ADMIN, it may not always be the case, e.g., a non-root user only having that capability. This would make tun/tap sockets being incorrectly treated in filtering/routing decisions, possibly bypassing network filters. (CVE-2023-1076)
- A flaw was found in the Linux Kernel in RDS (Reliable Datagram Sockets) protocol. The rds_rm_zerocopy_callback() uses list_entry() on the head of a list causing a type confusion. Local user can trigger this with rds_message_put(). Type confusion leads to `struct rds_msg_zcopy_info *info` actually points to something else that is potentially controlled by local user. It is known how to trigger this, which causes an out of bounds access, and a lock corruption. (CVE-2023-1078)
- In nf_tables_updtable, if nf_tables_table_enable returns an error, nft_trans_destroy is called to free the transaction object. nft_trans_destroy() calls list_del(), but the transaction was never placed on a list
-- the list head is all zeroes, this results in a NULL pointer dereference. (CVE-2023-1095)
- A flaw use after free in the Linux kernel integrated infrared receiver/transceiver driver was found in the way user detaching rc device. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system or potentially escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2023-1118)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.17, an error path in dwc3_qcom_acpi_register_core in drivers/usb/dwc3/dwc3-qcom.c lacks certain platform_device_put and kfree calls. (CVE-2023-22995)
- In the Linux kernel before 6.0.3, drivers/gpu/drm/virtio/virtgpu_object.c misinterprets the drm_gem_shmem_get_sg_table return value (expects it to be NULL in the error case, whereas it is actually an error pointer). (CVE-2023-22998)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.17, drivers/phy/tegra/xusb.c mishandles the tegra_xusb_find_port_node return value. Callers expect NULL in the error case, but an error pointer is used. (CVE-2023-23000)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.19, drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_planes.c misinterprets the get_sg_table return value (expects it to be NULL in the error case, whereas it is actually an error pointer). (CVE-2023-23004)
- In rndis_query_oid in drivers/net/wireless/rndis_wlan.c in the Linux kernel through 6.1.5, there is an integer overflow in an addition. (CVE-2023-23559)
- The Linux kernel through 6.1.9 has a Use-After-Free in bigben_remove in drivers/hid/hid-bigbenff.c via a crafted USB device because the LED controllers remain registered for too long. (CVE-2023-25012)
- In the Linux kernel before 6.1.13, there is a double free in net/mpls/af_mpls.c upon an allocation failure (for registering the sysctl table under a new location) during the renaming of a device. (CVE-2023-26545)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the az6027 driver in drivers/media/usb/dev-usb/az6027.c in the Linux Kernel. The message from user space is not checked properly before transferring into the device.
This flaw allows a local user to crash the system or potentially cause a denial of service.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2023-1710-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-64kb, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-64kb-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-extra, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-livepatch, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-livepatch-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-livepatch-5_14_21-150400_24_55-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-macros, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-obs-build, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-zfcpdump, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:reiserfs-kmp-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 3/31/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 9/9/2022
CVE: CVE-2022-3523, CVE-2022-36280, CVE-2022-38096, CVE-2023-0045, CVE-2023-0461, CVE-2023-0597, CVE-2023-1075, CVE-2023-1076, CVE-2023-1078, CVE-2023-1095, CVE-2023-1118, CVE-2023-22995, CVE-2023-22998, CVE-2023-23000, CVE-2023-23004, CVE-2023-23559, CVE-2023-25012, CVE-2023-26545, CVE-2023-28328