SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES12 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2023:0852-1 advisory.
- A use-after-free read flaw was found in sock_getsockopt() in net/core/sock.c due to SO_PEERCRED and SO_PEERGROUPS race with listen() (and connect()) in the Linux kernel. In this flaw, an attacker with a user privileges may crash the system or leak internal kernel information. (CVE-2021-4203)
- A heap-based buffer overflow was found in the Linux kernel's LightNVM subsystem. The issue results from the lack of proper validation of the length of user-supplied data prior to copying it to a fixed-length heap-based buffer. This vulnerability allows a local attacker to escalate privileges and execute arbitrary code in the context of the kernel. The attacker must first obtain the ability to execute high-privileged code on the target system to exploit this vulnerability. (CVE-2022-2991)
- An out-of-bounds(OOB) memory access vulnerability was found in vmwgfx driver in drivers/gpu/vmxgfx/vmxgfx_kms.c in GPU component in the Linux kernel with device file '/dev/dri/renderD128 (or Dxxx)'. This flaw allows a local attacker with a user account on the system to gain privilege, causing a denial of service(DoS). (CVE-2022-36280)
- A NULL pointer dereference vulnerability was found in vmwgfx driver in drivers/gpu/vmxgfx/vmxgfx_execbuf.c in GPU component of Linux kernel with device file '/dev/dri/renderD128 (or Dxxx)'. This flaw allows a local attacker with a user account on the system to gain privilege, causing a denial of service(DoS).
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP). A missing lock when clearing sk_user_data can lead to a race condition and NULL pointer dereference. A local user could use this flaw to potentially crash the system causing a denial of service. (CVE-2022-4129)
- The current implementation of the prctl syscall does not issue an IBPB immediately during the syscall. The ib_prctl_set function updates the Thread Information Flags (TIFs) for the task and updates the SPEC_CTRL MSR on the function __speculation_ctrl_update, but the IBPB is only issued on the next schedule, when the TIF bits are checked. This leaves the victim vulnerable to values already injected on the BTB, prior to the prctl syscall. The patch that added the support for the conditional mitigation via prctl (ib_prctl_set) dates back to the kernel 4.9.176. We recommend upgrading past commit a664ec9158eeddd75121d39c9a0758016097fa96 (CVE-2023-0045)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in qdisc_graft in net/sched/sch_api.c in the Linux Kernel due to a race problem. This flaw leads to a denial of service issue. If patch ebda44da44f6 (net: sched: fix race condition in qdisc_graft()) not applied yet, then kernel could be affected. (CVE-2023-0590)
- In rndis_query_oid in drivers/net/wireless/rndis_wlan.c in the Linux kernel through 6.1.5, there is an integer overflow in an addition. (CVE-2023-23559)
- In the Linux kernel before 6.1.13, there is a double free in net/mpls/af_mpls.c upon an allocation failure (for registering the sysctl table under a new location) during the renaming of a device. (CVE-2023-26545)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2023-0852-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-kgraft, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-kgraft-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-man, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-macros, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kgraft-patch-4_12_14-95_120-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:12
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 3/21/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 3/25/2022