SynopsisThe remote NewStart CGSL host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version MAIN 6.02, has kernel packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- A random memory access flaw was found in the Linux kernel's GPU i915 kernel driver functionality in the way a user may run malicious code on the GPU. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-0330)
- A stack overflow flaw was found in the Linux kernel's TIPC protocol functionality in the way a user sends a packet with malicious content where the number of domain member nodes is higher than the 64 allowed.
This flaw allows a remote user to crash the system or possibly escalate their privileges if they have access to the TIPC network. (CVE-2022-0435)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the Linux kernel's FUSE filesystem in the way a user triggers write().
This flaw allows a local user to gain unauthorized access to data from the FUSE filesystem, resulting in privilege escalation. (CVE-2022-1011)
- A memory leak problem was found in the TCP source port generation algorithm in net/ipv4/tcp.c due to the small table perturb size. This flaw may allow an attacker to information leak and may cause a denial of service problem. (CVE-2022-1012)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel in net/netfilter/nf_tables_core.c:nft_do_chain, which can cause a use-after-free. This issue needs to handle 'return' with proper preconditions, as it can lead to a kernel information leak problem caused by a local, unprivileged attacker. (CVE-2022-1016)
- An integer coercion error was found in the openvswitch kernel module. Given a sufficiently large number of actions, while copying and reserving memory for a new action of a new flow, the reserve_sfa_size() function does not return -EMSGSIZE as expected, potentially leading to an out-of-bounds write access. This flaw allows a local user to crash or potentially escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-2639)
- net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c in the Linux kernel through 5.18.1 allows a local user (able to create user/net namespaces) to escalate privileges to root because an incorrect NFT_STATEFUL_EXPR check leads to a use-after-free. (CVE-2022-32250)
- nfqnl_mangle in net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue.c in the Linux kernel through 5.18.14 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (panic) because, in the case of an nf_queue verdict with a one-byte nfta_payload attribute, an skb_pull can encounter a negative skb->len. (CVE-2022-36946)
- An issue was discovered the x86 KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.18.17. Unprivileged guest users can compromise the guest kernel because TLB flush operations are mishandled in certain KVM_VCPU_PREEMPTED situations. (CVE-2022-39189)
- drivers/scsi/stex.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.9 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory because stex_queuecommand_lck lacks a memset for the PASSTHRU_CMD case.
- In drivers/media/dvb-core/dmxdev.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.10, there is a use-after-free caused by refcount races, affecting dvb_demux_open and dvb_dmxdev_release. (CVE-2022-41218)
- roccat_report_event in drivers/hid/hid-roccat.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.12 has a race condition and resultant use-after-free in certain situations where a report is received while copying a report->value is in progress. (CVE-2022-41850)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL kernel packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.
File Name: newstart_cgsl_NS-SA-2023-0005_kernel.nasl
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:bpftool, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-core, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-devel, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-headers, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-modules, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-modules-extra, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-tools, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:kernel-tools-libs, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:perf, p-cpe:/a:zte:cgsl_main:python3-perf, cpe:/o:zte:cgsl_main:6
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/ZTE-CGSL/release, Host/ZTE-CGSL/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 2/20/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 2/4/2022
CVE: CVE-2022-0330, CVE-2022-0435, CVE-2022-1011, CVE-2022-1012, CVE-2022-1016, CVE-2022-2639, CVE-2022-32250, CVE-2022-36946, CVE-2022-39189, CVE-2022-40768, CVE-2022-41218, CVE-2022-41850