SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionThe remote Debian 10 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the dla-3288 advisory.
- An insufficiently protected credentials vulnerability exists in curl 4.9 to and include curl 7.82.0 are affected that could allow an attacker to extract credentials when follows HTTP(S) redirects is used with authentication could leak credentials to other services that exist on different protocols or port numbers.
- libcurl would reuse a previously created connection even when a TLS or SSHrelated option had been changed that should have prohibited reuse.libcurl keeps previously used connections in a connection pool for subsequenttransfers to reuse if one of them matches the setup. However, several TLS andSSH settings were left out from the configuration match checks, making themmatch too easily. (CVE-2022-27782)
- When doing HTTP(S) transfers, libcurl might erroneously use the read callback (`CURLOPT_READFUNCTION`) to ask for data to send, even when the `CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS` option has been set, if the same handle previously was used to issue a `PUT` request which used that callback. This flaw may surprise the application and cause it to misbehave and either send off the wrong data or use memory after free or similar in the subsequent `POST` request. The problem exists in the logic for a reused handle when it is changed from a PUT to a POST. (CVE-2022-32221)
- When curl is used to retrieve and parse cookies from a HTTP(S) server, itaccepts cookies using control codes that when later are sent back to a HTTPserver might make the server return 400 responses.
Effectively allowing asister site to deny service to all siblings. (CVE-2022-35252)
- No description is available for this CVE. (CVE-2022-43551) (CVE-2022-43552)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the curl packages.
For Debian 10 buster, these problems have been fixed in version 7.64.0-4+deb10u4.
File Name: debian_DLA-3288.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:curl, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl3-gnutls, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl3-nss, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl4, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl4-doc, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl4-gnutls-dev, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl4-nss-dev, p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:libcurl4-openssl-dev, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:10.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 1/28/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 4/28/2022