SynopsisThe remote OracleVM host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote OracleVM system is missing necessary patches to address security updates:
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted btrfs filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in btrfs_queue_work in fs/btrfs/async-thread.c. (CVE-2019-19377)
- There is a flaw reported in the Linux kernel in versions before 5.9 in drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_sgdma.c in nouveau_sgdma_create_ttm in Nouveau DRM subsystem. The issue results from the lack of validating the existence of an object prior to performing operations on the object. An attacker with a local account with a root privilege, can leverage this vulnerability to escalate privileges and execute code in the context of the kernel. (CVE-2021-20292)
- Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-224546354References: Upstream kernel (CVE-2022-20368)
- An integer coercion error was found in the openvswitch kernel module. Given a sufficiently large number of actions, while copying and reserving memory for a new action of a new flow, the reserve_sfa_size() function does not return -EMSGSIZE as expected, potentially leading to an out-of-bounds write access. This flaw allows a local user to crash or potentially escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-2639)
- An issue was found in the Linux kernel in nf_conntrack_irc where the message handling can be confused and incorrectly matches the message. A firewall may be able to be bypassed when users are using unencrypted IRC with nf_conntrack_irc configured. (CVE-2022-2663)
- A vulnerability, which was classified as critical, has been found in Linux Kernel. Affected by this issue is the function del_timer of the file drivers/isdn/mISDN/l1oip_core.c of the component Bluetooth. The manipulation leads to use after free. It is recommended to apply a patch to fix this issue. The identifier of this vulnerability is VDB-211088. (CVE-2022-3565)
- A vulnerability was found in Linux Kernel. It has been declared as problematic. This vulnerability affects the function vsock_connect of the file net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c of the component IPsec. The manipulation leads to memory leak. It is recommended to apply a patch to fix this issue. VDB-211930 is the identifier assigned to this vulnerability. (CVE-2022-3629)
- drivers/scsi/stex.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.9 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory because stex_queuecommand_lck lacks a memset for the PASSTHRU_CMD case.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel-uek / kernel-uek-firmware packages.
File Name: oraclevm_OVMSA-2022-0031.nasl
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:oracle:vm:kernel-uek, cpe:/o:oracle:vm_server:3.4, p-cpe:/a:oracle:vm:kernel-uek-firmware
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/OracleVM/release, Host/OracleVM/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 12/7/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 11/29/2019