SynopsisThe remote Amazon Linux 2022 host is missing a security update.
DescriptionIt is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the ALAS2022-2022-192 advisory.
- Acceptance of some invalid Transfer-Encoding headers in the HTTP/1 client in net/http before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allows HTTP request smuggling if combined with an intermediate server that also improperly fails to reject the header as invalid. (CVE-2022-1705)
- Uncontrolled recursion in the Parse functions in go/parser before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allow an attacker to cause a panic due to stack exhaustion via deeply nested types or declarations. (CVE-2022-1962)
- Authorization Bypass Through User-Controlled Key in GitHub repository emicklei/go-restful prior to v3.8.0.
- encoding/pem in Go before 1.17.9 and 1.18.x before 1.18.1 has a Decode stack overflow via a large amount of PEM data. (CVE-2022-24675)
- The golang.org/x/crypto/ssh package before 0.0.0-20220314234659-1baeb1ce4c0b for Go allows an attacker to crash a server in certain circumstances involving AddHostKey. (CVE-2022-27191)
- In Decoder.Skip in encoding/xml in Go before 1.17.12 and 1.18.x before 1.18.4, stack exhaustion and a panic can occur via a deeply nested XML document. (CVE-2022-28131)
- The generic P-256 feature in crypto/elliptic in Go before 1.17.9 and 1.18.x before 1.18.1 allows a panic via long scalar input. (CVE-2022-28327)
- Go before 1.17.10 and 1.18.x before 1.18.2 has Incorrect Privilege Assignment. When called with a non-zero flags parameter, the Faccessat function could incorrectly report that a file is accessible.
- Non-random values for ticket_age_add in session tickets in crypto/tls before Go 1.17.11 and Go 1.18.3 allow an attacker that can observe TLS handshakes to correlate successive connections by comparing ticket ages during session resumption. (CVE-2022-30629)
- Uncontrolled recursion in Glob in io/fs before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allows an attacker to cause a panic due to stack exhaustion via a path which contains a large number of path separators.
- Uncontrolled recursion in Reader.Read in compress/gzip before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allows an attacker to cause a panic due to stack exhaustion via an archive containing a large number of concatenated 0-length compressed files. (CVE-2022-30631)
- Uncontrolled recursion in Glob in path/filepath before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allows an attacker to cause a panic due to stack exhaustion via a path containing a large number of path separators.
- Uncontrolled recursion in Unmarshal in encoding/xml before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allows an attacker to cause a panic due to stack exhaustion via unmarshalling an XML document into a Go struct which has a nested field that uses the 'any' field tag. (CVE-2022-30633)
- Uncontrolled recursion in Decoder.Decode in encoding/gob before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 allows an attacker to cause a panic due to stack exhaustion via a message which contains deeply nested structures.
- Improper exposure of client IP addresses in net/http before Go 1.17.12 and Go 1.18.4 can be triggered by calling httputil.ReverseProxy.ServeHTTP with a Request.Header map containing a nil value for the X-Forwarded-For header, which causes ReverseProxy to set the client IP as the value of the X-Forwarded-For header. (CVE-2022-32148)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionRun 'dnf update golist --releasever=2022.0.20221102' to update your system.
File Name: al2022_ALAS2022-2022-192.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: cpe:/o:amazon:linux:2022, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golist, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golist-debugsource, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golist-debuginfo
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/AmazonLinux/release, Host/AmazonLinux/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 11/1/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 3/18/2022
CVE: CVE-2022-1705, CVE-2022-1962, CVE-2022-1996, CVE-2022-24675, CVE-2022-27191, CVE-2022-28131, CVE-2022-28327, CVE-2022-29526, CVE-2022-30629, CVE-2022-30630, CVE-2022-30631, CVE-2022-30632, CVE-2022-30633, CVE-2022-30635, CVE-2022-32148