SynopsisThe remote Amazon Linux 2 host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe version of golang installed on the remote host is prior to 1.16.15-1. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the ALAS2-2022-1811 advisory.
- Go before 1.16.9 and 1.17.x before 1.17.2 has a Buffer Overflow via large arguments in a function invocation from a WASM module, when GOARCH=wasm GOOS=js is used. (CVE-2021-38297)
- In archive/zip in Go before 1.16.8 and 1.17.x before 1.17.1, a crafted archive header (falsely designating that many files are present) can cause a NewReader or OpenReader panic. NOTE: this issue exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2021-33196. (CVE-2021-39293)
- ImportedSymbols in debug/macho (for Open or OpenFat) in Go before 1.16.10 and 1.17.x before 1.17.3 Accesses a Memory Location After the End of a Buffer, aka an out-of-bounds slice situation.
- Go before 1.16.10 and 1.17.x before 1.17.3 allows an archive/zip Reader.Open panic via a crafted ZIP archive containing an invalid name or an empty filename field. (CVE-2021-41772)
- net/http in Go before 1.16.12 and 1.17.x before 1.17.5 allows uncontrolled memory consumption in the header canonicalization cache via HTTP/2 requests. (CVE-2021-44716)
- Go before 1.16.12 and 1.17.x before 1.17.5 on UNIX allows write operations to an unintended file or unintended network connection as a consequence of erroneous closing of file descriptor 0 after file- descriptor exhaustion. (CVE-2021-44717)
- Rat.SetString in math/big in Go before 1.16.14 and 1.17.x before 1.17.7 has an overflow that can lead to Uncontrolled Memory Consumption. (CVE-2022-23772)
- cmd/go in Go before 1.16.14 and 1.17.x before 1.17.7 can misinterpret branch names that falsely appear to be version tags. This can lead to incorrect access control if an actor is supposed to be able to create branches but not tags. (CVE-2022-23773)
- Curve.IsOnCurve in crypto/elliptic in Go before 1.16.14 and 1.17.x before 1.17.7 can incorrectly return true in situations with a big.Int value that is not a valid field element. (CVE-2022-23806)
- regexp.Compile in Go before 1.16.15 and 1.17.x before 1.17.8 allows stack exhaustion via a deeply nested expression. (CVE-2022-24921)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionRun 'yum update golang' to update your system.
File Name: al2_ALAS-2022-1811.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-bin, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-docs, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-misc, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-race, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-shared, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-src, p-cpe:/a:amazon:linux:golang-tests, cpe:/o:amazon:linux:2
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/AmazonLinux/release, Host/AmazonLinux/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 7/6/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 10/18/2021
CVE: CVE-2021-38297, CVE-2021-39293, CVE-2021-41771, CVE-2021-41772, CVE-2021-44716, CVE-2021-44717, CVE-2022-23772, CVE-2022-23773, CVE-2022-23806, CVE-2022-24921
IAVB: 2022-B-0008-S, 2021-B-0069-S, 2022-B-0011-S