SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 / SLES_SAP15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2022:0367-1 advisory.
- The BPF subsystem in the Linux kernel before 4.17 mishandles situations with a long jump over an instruction sequence where inner instructions require substantial expansions into multiple BPF instructions, leading to an overflow. This affects kernel/bpf/core.c and net/core/filter.c.
- An issue was discovered on Broadcom Wi-Fi client devices. Specifically timed and handcrafted traffic can cause internal errors (related to state transitions) in a WLAN device that lead to improper layer 2 Wi-Fi encryption with a consequent possibility of information disclosure over the air for a discrete set of traffic, a different vulnerability than CVE-2019-9500, CVE-2019-9501, CVE-2019-9502, and CVE-2019-9503.
- A vulnerability was found in Linux kernel, where a use-after-frees in nouveau's postclose() handler could happen if removing device (that is not common to remove video card physically without power-off, but same happens if unbind the driver). (CVE-2020-27820)
- In unix_scm_to_skb of af_unix.c, there is a possible use after free bug due to a race condition. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-196926917References:
Upstream kernel (CVE-2021-0920)
- In ip6_xmit of ip6_output.c, there is a possible out of bounds write due to a use after free. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-168607263References:
Upstream kernel (CVE-2021-0935)
- Rogue backends can cause DoS of guests via high frequency events T[his CNA information record relates to multiple CVEs; the text explains which aspects/vulnerabilities correspond to which CVE.] Xen offers the ability to run PV backends in regular unprivileged guests, typically referred to as driver domains.
Running PV backends in driver domains has one primary security advantage: if a driver domain gets compromised, it doesn't have the privileges to take over the system. However, a malicious driver domain could try to attack other guests via sending events at a high frequency leading to a Denial of Service in the guest due to trying to service interrupts for elongated amounts of time. There are three affected backends: * blkfront patch 1, CVE-2021-28711 * netfront patch 2, CVE-2021-28712 * hvc_xen (console) patch 3, CVE-2021-28713 (CVE-2021-28711, CVE-2021-28712, CVE-2021-28713)
- Guest can force Linux netback driver to hog large amounts of kernel memory T[his CNA information record relates to multiple CVEs; the text explains which aspects/vulnerabilities correspond to which CVE.] Incoming data packets for a guest in the Linux kernel's netback driver are buffered until the guest is ready to process them. There are some measures taken for avoiding to pile up too much data, but those can be bypassed by the guest: There is a timeout how long the client side of an interface can stop consuming new packets before it is assumed to have stalled, but this timeout is rather long (60 seconds by default).
Using a UDP connection on a fast interface can easily accumulate gigabytes of data in that time.
(CVE-2021-28715) The timeout could even never trigger if the guest manages to have only one free slot in its RX queue ring page and the next package would require more than one free slot, which may be the case when using GSO, XDP, or software hashing. (CVE-2021-28714) (CVE-2021-28714, CVE-2021-28715)
- Improper input validation in the Intel(R) Ethernet ixgbe driver for Linux before version 3.17.3 may allow an authenticated user to potentially enable denial of service via local access. (CVE-2021-33098)
- A flaw double-free memory corruption in the Linux kernel HCI device initialization subsystem was found in the way user attach malicious HCI TTY Bluetooth device. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system. This flaw affects all the Linux kernel versions starting from 3.13. (CVE-2021-3564)
- In gadget_dev_desc_UDC_show of configfs.c, there is a possible disclosure of kernel heap memory due to a race condition. This could lead to local information disclosure with System execution privileges needed.
User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID:
A-160822094References: Upstream kernel (CVE-2021-39648)
- In ufshcd_eh_device_reset_handler of ufshcd.c, there is a possible out of bounds read due to a missing bounds check. This could lead to local information disclosure with System execution privileges needed.
User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID:
A-194696049References: Upstream kernel (CVE-2021-39657)
- A memory leak flaw in the Linux kernel's hugetlbfs memory usage was found in the way the user maps some regions of memory twice using shmget() which are aligned to PUD alignment with the fault of some of the memory pages. A local user could use this flaw to get unauthorized access to some data. (CVE-2021-4002)
- A read-after-free memory flaw was found in the Linux kernel's garbage collection for Unix domain socket file handlers in the way users call close() and fget() simultaneously and can potentially trigger a race condition. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system.
This flaw affects Linux kernel versions prior to 5.16-rc4. (CVE-2021-4083)
- A vulnerability was found in btrfs_alloc_tree_b in fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c in the Linux kernel due to an improper lock operation in btrfs. In this flaw, a user with a local privilege may cause a denial of service (DOS) due to a deadlock problem. (CVE-2021-4149)
- An unprivileged write to the file handler flaw in the Linux kernel's control groups and namespaces subsystem was found in the way users have access to some less privileged process that are controlled by cgroups and have higher privileged parent process. It is actually both for cgroup2 and cgroup1 versions of control groups. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2021-4197)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in nci_request in net/nfc/nci/core.c in NFC Controller Interface (NCI) in the Linux kernel. This flaw could allow a local attacker with user privileges to cause a data race problem while the device is getting removed, leading to a privilege escalation problem. (CVE-2021-4202)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.15.2, hw_atl_utils_fw_rpc_wait in drivers/net/ethernet/aquantia/atlantic/hw_atl/hw_atl_utils.c allows an attacker (who can introduce a crafted device) to trigger an out-of-bounds write via a crafted length value. (CVE-2021-43975)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.15.2, mwifiex_usb_recv in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/usb.c allows an attacker (who can connect a crafted USB device) to cause a denial of service (skb_over_panic).
- A use-after-free exists in drivers/tee/tee_shm.c in the TEE subsystem in the Linux kernel through 5.15.11.
This occurs because of a race condition in tee_shm_get_from_id during an attempt to free a shared memory object. (CVE-2021-44733)
- pep_sock_accept in net/phonet/pep.c in the Linux kernel through 5.15.8 has a refcount leak.
- In the IPv4 implementation in the Linux kernel before 5.12.4, net/ipv4/route.c has an information leak because the hash table is very small. (CVE-2021-45486)
- A flaw was found in the sctp_make_strreset_req function in net/sctp/sm_make_chunk.c in the SCTP network protocol in the Linux kernel with a local user privilege access. In this flaw, an attempt to use more buffer than is allocated triggers a BUG_ON issue, leading to a denial of service (DOS). (CVE-2022-0322)
- A random memory access flaw was found in the Linux kernel's GPU i915 kernel driver functionality in the way a user may run malicious code on the GPU. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-0330)
- A stack overflow flaw was found in the Linux kernel's TIPC protocol functionality in the way a user sends a packet with malicious content where the number of domain member nodes is higher than the 64 allowed.
This flaw allows a remote user to crash the system or possibly escalate their privileges if they have access to the TIPC network. (CVE-2022-0435)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2022-0367-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-livepatch, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-man, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-livepatch-4_12_14-150_83-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-macros, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-obs-build, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-vanilla-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:reiserfs-kmp-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 2/10/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 2/5/2020
CISA Known Exploited Vulnerability Due Dates: 6/13/2022
CVE: CVE-2018-25020, CVE-2019-15126, CVE-2020-27820, CVE-2021-0920, CVE-2021-0935, CVE-2021-28711, CVE-2021-28712, CVE-2021-28713, CVE-2021-28714, CVE-2021-28715, CVE-2021-33098, CVE-2021-3564, CVE-2021-39648, CVE-2021-39657, CVE-2021-4002, CVE-2021-4083, CVE-2021-4149, CVE-2021-4197, CVE-2021-4202, CVE-2021-43975, CVE-2021-43976, CVE-2021-44733, CVE-2021-45095, CVE-2021-45486, CVE-2022-0322, CVE-2022-0330, CVE-2022-0435