SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLED12 / SLES12 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:3446-1 advisory.
- crossbeam-deque is a package of work-stealing deques for building task schedulers when programming in Rust. In versions prior to 0.7.4 and 0.8.0, the result of the race condition is that one or more tasks in the worker queue can be popped twice instead of other tasks that are forgotten and never popped. If tasks are allocated on the heap, this can cause double free and a memory leak. If not, this still can cause a logical bug. Crates using `Stealer::steal`, `Stealer::steal_batch`, or `Stealer::steal_batch_and_pop` are affected by this issue. This has been fixed in crossbeam-deque 0.8.1 and 0.7.4. (CVE-2021-32810)
- During operations on MessageTasks, a task may have been removed while it was still scheduled, resulting in memory corruption and a potentially exploitable crash. (CVE-2021-38496)
- Through use of reportValidity() and window.open(), a plain-text validation message could have been overlaid on another origin, leading to possible user confusion and spoofing attacks. (CVE-2021-38497)
- During process shutdown, a document could have caused a use-after-free of a languages service object, leading to memory corruption and a potentially exploitable crash. (CVE-2021-38498)
- Mozilla developers and community members Andreas Pehrson and Christian Holler reported memory safety bugs present in Thunderbird 91.1. Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption and we presume that with enough effort some of these could have been exploited to run arbitrary code. (CVE-2021-38500)
- Mozilla developers and community members Kevin Brosnan, Mihai Alexandru Michis, and Christian Holler reported memory safety bugs present in Thunderbird 91.1. Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption and we presume that with enough effort some of these could have been exploited to run arbitrary code. (CVE-2021-38501)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox, MozillaFirefox-devel and / or MozillaFirefox-translations-common packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2021-3446-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:MozillaFirefox, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:MozillaFirefox-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:MozillaFirefox-translations-common, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:12
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 10/15/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 8/2/2021