New! Plugin Severity Now Using CVSS v3
The calculated severity for Plugins has been updated to use CVSS v3 by default. Plugins that do not have a CVSS v3 score will fall back to CVSS v2 for calculating severity. Severity display preferences can be toggled in the settings dropdown.
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:3415-1 advisory.
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. sg_write lacks an sg_remove_request call in a certain failure case, aka CID-83c6f2390040. (CVE-2020-12770)
- u'Specifically timed and handcrafted traffic can cause internal errors in a WLAN device that lead to improper layer 2 Wi-Fi encryption with a consequent possibility of information disclosure over the air for a discrete set of traffic' in Snapdragon Auto, Snapdragon Compute, Snapdragon Connectivity, Snapdragon Consumer IOT, Snapdragon Industrial IOT, Snapdragon Mobile, Snapdragon Voice & Music, Snapdragon Wearables, Snapdragon Wired Infrastructure and Networking in APQ8053, IPQ4019, IPQ8064, MSM8909W, MSM8996AU, QCA9531, QCN5502, QCS405, SDX20, SM6150, SM7150 (CVE-2020-3702)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.13.7, an unprivileged BPF program can obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a Speculative Store Bypass side-channel attack because the protection mechanism neglects the possibility of uninitialized memory locations on the BPF stack. (CVE-2021-34556)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.13.7, an unprivileged BPF program can obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a Speculative Store Bypass side-channel attack because a certain preempting store operation does not necessarily occur before a store operation that has an attacker-controlled value.
- A flaw was found in the KVM's AMD code for supporting SVM nested virtualization. The flaw occurs when processing the VMCB (virtual machine control block) provided by the L1 guest to spawn/handle a nested guest (L2). Due to improper validation of the int_ctl field, this issue could allow a malicious L1 to enable AVIC support (Advanced Virtual Interrupt Controller) for the L2 guest. As a result, the L2 guest would be allowed to read/write physical pages of the host, resulting in a crash of the entire system, leak of sensitive data or potential guest-to-host escape. This flaw affects Linux kernel versions prior to 5.14-rc7. (CVE-2021-3653)
- kernel: SVM nested virtualization issue in KVM (VMLOAD/VMSAVE) (CVE-2021-3656)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel. When reusing a socket with an attached dccps_hc_tx_ccid as a listener, the socket will be used after being released leading to denial of service (DoS) or a potential code execution. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity as well as system availability. (CVE-2020-16119) (CVE-2021-3732, CVE-2021-3753)
- ccp - fix resource leaks in ccp_run_aes_gcm_cmd() [fedora-all] (CVE-2021-3744)
- ** DISPUTED ** In drivers/char/virtio_console.c in the Linux kernel before 5.13.4, data corruption or loss can be triggered by an untrusted device that supplies a buf->len value exceeding the buffer size. NOTE:
the vendor indicates that the cited data corruption is not a vulnerability in any existing use case; the length validation was added solely for robustness in the face of anomalous host OS behavior.
- arch/x86/kvm/mmu/paging_tmpl.h in the Linux kernel before 5.12.11 incorrectly computes the access permissions of a shadow page, leading to a missing guest protection page fault. (CVE-2021-38198)
- A race condition was discovered in ext4_write_inline_data_end in fs/ext4/inline.c in the ext4 subsystem in the Linux kernel through 5.13.13. (CVE-2021-40490)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.