SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLED12 / SLES12 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:3215-1 advisory.
- SQLite before 3.8.9 does not properly implement the dequoting of collation-sequence names, which allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (uninitialized memory access and application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted COLLATE clause, as demonstrated by COLLATE at the end of a SELECT statement. (CVE-2015-3414)
- The sqlite3VdbeExec function in vdbe.c in SQLite before 3.8.9 does not properly implement comparison operators, which allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid free operation) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted CHECK clause, as demonstrated by CHECK(0&O;>O) in a CREATE TABLE statement. (CVE-2015-3415)
- os_unix.c in SQLite before 3.13.0 improperly implements the temporary directory search algorithm, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information, cause a denial of service (application crash), or have unspecified other impact by leveraging use of the current working directory for temporary files.
- The getNodeSize function in ext/rtree/rtree.c in SQLite through 3.19.3, as used in GDAL and other products, mishandles undersized RTree blobs in a crafted database, leading to a heap-based buffer over- read or possibly unspecified other impact. (CVE-2017-10989)
- An issue was discovered in certain Apple products. iOS before 10.3.2 is affected. macOS before 10.12.5 is affected. tvOS before 10.2.1 is affected. watchOS before 3.2.2 is affected. The issue involves the SQLite component. It allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (buffer overflow and application crash) via a crafted SQL statement. (CVE-2017-2518)
- SQLite before 3.25.3, when the FTS3 extension is enabled, encounters an integer overflow (and resultant buffer overflow) for FTS3 queries that occur after crafted changes to FTS3 shadow tables, allowing remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by leveraging the ability to run arbitrary SQL statements (such as in certain WebSQL use cases), aka Magellan. (CVE-2018-20346)
- In SQLite through 3.22.0, databases whose schema is corrupted using a CREATE TABLE AS statement could cause a NULL pointer dereference, related to build.c and prepare.c. (CVE-2018-8740)
- In SQLite through 3.29.0, whereLoopAddBtreeIndex in sqlite3.c can crash a browser or other application because of missing validation of a sqlite_stat1 sz field, aka a severe division by zero in the query planner. (CVE-2019-16168)
- sqlite3Select in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 allows a crash if a sub-select uses both DISTINCT and window functions, and also has certain ORDER BY usage. (CVE-2019-19244)
- lookupName in resolve.c in SQLite 3.30.1 omits bits from the colUsed bitmask in the case of a generated column, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact.
- SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain SELECT statements with a nonexistent VIEW, leading to an application crash. (CVE-2019-19603)
- alter.c in SQLite through 3.30.1 allows attackers to trigger infinite recursion via certain types of self- referential views in conjunction with ALTER TABLE statements. (CVE-2019-19645)
- pragma.c in SQLite through 3.30.1 mishandles NOT NULL in an integrity_check PRAGMA command in certain cases of generated columns. (CVE-2019-19646)
- exprListAppendList in window.c in SQLite 3.30.1 allows attackers to trigger an invalid pointer dereference because constant integer values in ORDER BY clauses of window definitions are mishandled. (CVE-2019-19880)
- flattenSubquery in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain uses of SELECT DISTINCT involving a LEFT JOIN in which the right-hand side is a view. This can cause a NULL pointer dereference (or incorrect results). (CVE-2019-19923)
- SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain parser-tree rewriting, related to expr.c, vdbeaux.c, and window.c. This is caused by incorrect sqlite3WindowRewrite() error handling. (CVE-2019-19924)
- zipfileUpdate in ext/misc/zipfile.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles a NULL pathname during an update of a ZIP archive. (CVE-2019-19925)
- multiSelect in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain errors during parsing, as demonstrated by errors from sqlite3WindowRewrite() calls. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2019-19880. (CVE-2019-19926)
- ext/misc/zipfile.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain uses of INSERT INTO in situations involving embedded '\0' characters in filenames, leading to a memory-management error that can be detected by (for example) valgrind. (CVE-2019-19959)
- selectExpander in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 proceeds with WITH stack unwinding even after a parsing error.
- SQLite3 from 3.6.0 to and including 3.27.2 is vulnerable to heap out-of-bound read in the rtreenode() function when handling invalid rtree tables. (CVE-2019-8457)
- SQLite through 3.32.0 has an integer overflow in sqlite3_str_vappendf in printf.c. (CVE-2020-13434)
- SQLite through 3.32.0 has a segmentation fault in sqlite3ExprCodeTarget in expr.c. (CVE-2020-13435)
- ext/fts3/fts3.c in SQLite before 3.32.0 has a use-after-free in fts3EvalNextRow, related to the snippet feature. (CVE-2020-13630)
- SQLite before 3.32.0 allows a virtual table to be renamed to the name of one of its shadow tables, related to alter.c and build.c. (CVE-2020-13631)
- ext/fts3/fts3_snippet.c in SQLite before 3.32.0 has a NULL pointer dereference via a crafted matchinfo() query. (CVE-2020-13632)
- In SQLite before 3.32.3, select.c mishandles query-flattener optimization, leading to a multiSelectOrderBy heap overflow because of misuse of transitive properties for constant propagation. (CVE-2020-15358)
- In SQLite 3.31.1, isAuxiliaryVtabOperator allows attackers to trigger a NULL pointer dereference and segmentation fault because of generated column optimizations. (CVE-2020-9327)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected libsqlite3-0, libsqlite3-0-32bit, sqlite3 and / or sqlite3-devel packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2021-3215-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: CVSS2#E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: cpe:2.3:o:novell:suse_linux:12:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:libsqlite3-0:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:sqlite3:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:sqlite3-devel:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:libsqlite3-0-32bit:*:*:*:*:*:*:*
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 9/23/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 3/19/2015
CVE: CVE-2019-16168, CVE-2017-2518, CVE-2018-20346, CVE-2017-10989, CVE-2018-8740, CVE-2016-6153, CVE-2019-8457, CVE-2015-3414, CVE-2015-3415, CVE-2019-19244, CVE-2019-19317, CVE-2019-19645, CVE-2019-19603, CVE-2019-19646, CVE-2019-19880, CVE-2019-19926, CVE-2019-19925, CVE-2019-19924, CVE-2019-19923, CVE-2019-20218, CVE-2019-19959, CVE-2020-9327, CVE-2020-13435, CVE-2020-13434, CVE-2020-13631, CVE-2020-13630, CVE-2020-13632, CVE-2020-15358