SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES12 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:2643-1 advisory.
- In l2tp_session_delete and related functions of l2tp_core.c, there is possible memory corruption due to a use after free. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed.
User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID:
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.10. drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c has a use-after- free because the ctx is reached via the ctx_list in some ucma_migrate_id situations where ucma_close is called, aka CID-f5449e74802c. (CVE-2020-36385)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.8.1. net/bluetooth/hci_event.c has a slab out-of- bounds read in hci_extended_inquiry_result_evt, aka CID-51c19bf3d5cf. (CVE-2020-36386)
- An issue was discovered in Linux: KVM through Improper handling of VM_IO|VM_PFNMAP vmas in KVM can bypass RO checks and can lead to pages being freed while still accessible by the VMM and guest. This allows users with the ability to start and control a VM to read/write random pages of memory and can result in local privilege escalation. (CVE-2021-22543)
- A heap out-of-bounds write affecting Linux since v2.6.19-rc1 was discovered in net/netfilter/x_tables.c.
This allows an attacker to gain privileges or cause a DoS (via heap memory corruption) through user name space (CVE-2021-22555)
- fs/seq_file.c in the Linux kernel 3.16 through 5.13.x before 5.13.4 does not properly restrict seq buffer allocations, leading to an integer overflow, an Out-of-bounds Write, and escalation to root by an unprivileged user, aka CID-8cae8cd89f05. (CVE-2021-33909)
- kernel: race condition in net/can/bcm.c leads to local privilege escalation (CVE-2021-3609)
- An out-of-bounds memory write flaw was found in the Linux kernel's joystick devices subsystem in versions before 5.9-rc1, in the way the user calls ioctl JSIOCSBTNMAP. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system or possibly escalate their privileges on the system. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to confidentiality, integrity, as well as system availability. (CVE-2021-3612)
- arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_rtas.c in the Linux kernel through 5.13.5 on the powerpc platform allows KVM guest OS users to cause host OS memory corruption via rtas_args.nargs, aka CID-f62f3c20647e. (CVE-2021-37576)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2021-2643-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:H/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt_debug, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt_debug-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-rt, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:12
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 8/10/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 9/17/2020
Metasploit (Netfilter x_tables Heap OOB Write Privilege Escalation)