SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLED15 / SLES15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:2320-1 advisory.
- SQLite before 3.8.9 does not properly implement the dequoting of collation-sequence names, which allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (uninitialized memory access and application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted COLLATE clause, as demonstrated by COLLATE at the end of a SELECT statement. (CVE-2015-3414)
- The sqlite3VdbeExec function in vdbe.c in SQLite before 3.8.9 does not properly implement comparison operators, which allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (invalid free operation) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted CHECK clause, as demonstrated by CHECK(0&O;>O) in a CREATE TABLE statement. (CVE-2015-3415)
- sqlite3Select in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 allows a crash if a sub-select uses both DISTINCT and window functions, and also has certain ORDER BY usage. (CVE-2019-19244)
- lookupName in resolve.c in SQLite 3.30.1 omits bits from the colUsed bitmask in the case of a generated column, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact.
- SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain SELECT statements with a nonexistent VIEW, leading to an application crash. (CVE-2019-19603)
- alter.c in SQLite through 3.30.1 allows attackers to trigger infinite recursion via certain types of self- referential views in conjunction with ALTER TABLE statements. (CVE-2019-19645)
- pragma.c in SQLite through 3.30.1 mishandles NOT NULL in an integrity_check PRAGMA command in certain cases of generated columns. (CVE-2019-19646)
- exprListAppendList in window.c in SQLite 3.30.1 allows attackers to trigger an invalid pointer dereference because constant integer values in ORDER BY clauses of window definitions are mishandled. (CVE-2019-19880)
- flattenSubquery in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain uses of SELECT DISTINCT involving a LEFT JOIN in which the right-hand side is a view. This can cause a NULL pointer dereference (or incorrect results). (CVE-2019-19923)
- SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain parser-tree rewriting, related to expr.c, vdbeaux.c, and window.c. This is caused by incorrect sqlite3WindowRewrite() error handling. (CVE-2019-19924)
- zipfileUpdate in ext/misc/zipfile.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles a NULL pathname during an update of a ZIP archive. (CVE-2019-19925)
- multiSelect in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain errors during parsing, as demonstrated by errors from sqlite3WindowRewrite() calls. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2019-19880. (CVE-2019-19926)
- ext/misc/zipfile.c in SQLite 3.30.1 mishandles certain uses of INSERT INTO in situations involving embedded '\0' characters in filenames, leading to a memory-management error that can be detected by (for example) valgrind. (CVE-2019-19959)
- selectExpander in select.c in SQLite 3.30.1 proceeds with WITH stack unwinding even after a parsing error.
- SQLite through 3.32.0 has an integer overflow in sqlite3_str_vappendf in printf.c. (CVE-2020-13434)
- SQLite through 3.32.0 has a segmentation fault in sqlite3ExprCodeTarget in expr.c. (CVE-2020-13435)
- ext/fts3/fts3.c in SQLite before 3.32.0 has a use-after-free in fts3EvalNextRow, related to the snippet feature. (CVE-2020-13630)
- SQLite before 3.32.0 allows a virtual table to be renamed to the name of one of its shadow tables, related to alter.c and build.c. (CVE-2020-13631)
- ext/fts3/fts3_snippet.c in SQLite before 3.32.0 has a NULL pointer dereference via a crafted matchinfo() query. (CVE-2020-13632)
- In SQLite before 3.32.3, select.c mishandles query-flattener optimization, leading to a multiSelectOrderBy heap overflow because of misuse of transitive properties for constant propagation. (CVE-2020-15358)
- In SQLite 3.31.1, isAuxiliaryVtabOperator allows attackers to trigger a NULL pointer dereference and segmentation fault because of generated column optimizations. (CVE-2020-9327)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected libsqlite3-0, libsqlite3-0-32bit, sqlite3 and / or sqlite3-devel packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2021-2320-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: CVSS2#E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: cpe:2.3:o:novell:suse_linux:15:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:libsqlite3-0:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:sqlite3:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:sqlite3-devel:*:*:*:*:*:*:*, p-cpe:2.3:a:novell:suse_linux:libsqlite3-0-32bit:*:*:*:*:*:*:*
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 7/14/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 3/19/2015
CVE: CVE-2015-3414, CVE-2015-3415, CVE-2019-19244, CVE-2019-19317, CVE-2019-19645, CVE-2019-19603, CVE-2019-19646, CVE-2019-19880, CVE-2019-19926, CVE-2019-19925, CVE-2019-19924, CVE-2019-19923, CVE-2019-20218, CVE-2019-19959, CVE-2020-9327, CVE-2020-13435, CVE-2020-13434, CVE-2020-13631, CVE-2020-13630, CVE-2020-13632, CVE-2020-15358