New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for slurm_20_02 fixes the following issues :
Updated to 20.02.6, addresses two security fixes :
- PMIx - fix potential buffer overflows from use of unpackmem(). CVE-2020-27745 (bsc#1178890)
- X11 forwarding - fix potential leak of the magic cookie when sent as an argument to the xauth command.
And many other bugfixes, full log and details available at :
Updated to 20.02.5, changes :
- Fix leak of TRESRunMins when job time is changed with
- pam_slurm - explicitly initialize slurm config to support configless mode.
- scontrol - Fix exit code when creating/updating reservations with wrong Flags.
- When a GRES has a no_consume flag, report 0 for allocated.
- Fix cgroup cleanup by jobacct_gather/cgroup.
- When creating reservations/jobs don't allow counts on a feature unless using an XOR.
- Improve number of boards discovery
- Fix updating a reservation NodeCnt on a zero-count reservation.
- slurmrestd - provide an explicit error messages when PSK auth fails.
- cons_tres - fix job requesting single gres per-node getting two or more nodes with less CPUs than requested per-task.
- cons_tres - fix calculation of cores when using gres and cpus-per-task.
- cons_tres - fix job not getting access to socket without GPU or with less than --gpus-per-socket when not enough cpus available on required socket and not using
- Fix HDF5 type version build error.
- Fix creation of CoreCnt only reservations when the first node isn't available.
- Fix wrong DBD Agent queue size in sdiag when using accounting_storage/none.
- Improve job constraints XOR option logic.
- Fix preemption of hetjobs when needed nodes not in leader component.
- Fix wrong bit_or() messing potential preemptor jobs node bitmap, causing bad node deallocations and even allocation of nodes from other partitions.
- Fix double-deallocation of preempted non-leader hetjob components.
- slurmdbd - prevent truncation of the step nodelists over 4095.
- Fix nodes remaining in drain state state after rebooting with ASAP option.
changes from 20.02.4 :
- srun - suppress job step creation warning message when waiting on PrologSlurmctld.
- slurmrestd - fix incorrect return values in data_list_for_each() functions.
- mpi/pmix - fix issue where HetJobs could fail to launch.
- slurmrestd - set content-type header in responses.
- Fix cons_res GRES overallocation for
- Fix cons_res incorrectly filtering cores with respect to GRES locality for
- Fix regression where a dependency on multiple jobs in a single array using underscores would only add the first job.
- slurmrestd - fix corrupted output due to incorrect use of memcpy().
- slurmrestd - address a number of minor Coverity warnings.
- Handle retry failure when slurmstepd is communicating with srun correctly.
- Fix jobacct_gather possibly duplicate stats when
_is_a_lwp error shows up.
- Fix tasks binding to GRES which are closest to the allocated CPUs.
- Fix AMD GPU ROCM 3.5 support.
- Fix handling of job arrays in sacct when querying specific steps.
- slurmrestd - avoid fallback to local socket authentication if JWT authentication is ill-formed.
- slurmrestd - restrict ability of requests to use different authentication plugins.
- slurmrestd - unlink named unix sockets before closing.
- slurmrestd - fix invalid formatting in openapi.json.
- Fix batch jobs stuck in CF state on FrontEnd mode.
- Add a separate explicit error message when rejecting changes to active node features.
- cons_common/job_test - fix slurmctld SIGABRT due to double-free.
- Fix updating reservations to set the duration correctly if updating the start time.
- Fix update reservation to promiscuous mode.
- Fix override of job tasks count to max when ntasks-per-node present.
- Fix min CPUs per node not being at least CPUs per task requested.
- Fix CPUs allocated to match CPUs requested when requesting GRES and threads per core equal to one.
- Fix NodeName config parsing with Boards and without CPUs.
- Ensure SLURM_JOB_USER and SLURM_JOB_UID are set in SrunProlog/Epilog.
- Fix error messages for certain invalid salloc/sbatch/srun options.
- pmi2 - clean up sockets at step termination.
- Fix 'scontrol hold' to work with 'JobName'.
- sbatch - handle --uid/--gid in #SBATCH directives properly.
- Fix race condition in job termination on slurmd.
- Print specific error messages if trying to run use certain priority/multifactor factors that cannot work without SlurmDBD.
- Avoid partial GRES allocation when --gpus-per-job is not satisfied.
- Cray - Avoid referencing a variable outside of it's correct scope when dealing with creating steps within a het job.
- slurmrestd - correctly handle larger addresses from accept().
- Avoid freeing wrong pointer with SlurmctldParameters=max_dbd_msg_action with another option after that.
- Restore MCS label when suspended job is resumed.
- Fix insufficient lock levels.
- slurmrestd - use errno from job submission.
- Fix 'user' filter for sacctmgr show transactions.
- Fix preemption logic.
- Fix no_consume GRES for exclusive (whole node) requests.
- Fix regression in 20.02 that caused an infinite loop in slurmctld when requesting --distribution=plane for the job.
- Fix parsing of the --distribution option.
- Add CONF READ_LOCK to _handle_fed_send_job_sync.
- prep/script - always call slurmctld PrEp callback in
- Fix node estimation for jobs that use GPUs or
- Fix jobcomp, job_submit and cli_filter Lua implementation plugins causing slurmctld and/or job submission CLI tools segfaults due to bad return handling when the respective Lua script failed to load.
- Fix propagation of gpu options through hetjob components.
- Add SLURM_CLUSTERS environment variable to scancel.
- Fix packing/unpacking of 'unlinked' jobs.
- Connect slurmstepd's stderr to srun for steps launched with --pty.
- Handle MPS correctly when doing exclusive allocations.
- slurmrestd - fix compiling against libhttpparser in a non-default path.
- slurmrestd - avoid compilation issues with libhttpparser < 2.6.
- Fix compile issues when compiling slurmrestd without
- Reset idle time on a reservation that is getting purged.
- Fix reoccurring reservations that have Purge_comp= to keep correct duration if they are purged.
- scontrol - changed the 'PROMISCUOUS' flag to 'MAGNETIC'
- Early return from epilog_set_env in case of no_consume.
- Fix cons_common/job_test start time discovery logic to prevent skewed results between 'will run test' executions.
- Ensure TRESRunMins limits are maintained during 'scontrol reconfigure'.
- Improve error message when host lookup fails.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for HPC 15-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-HPC-15-SP1-2021-139=1