SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for nodejs12 fixes the following issues :
New upstream LTS version 12.20.1 :
- CVE-2020-8265: use-after-free in TLSWrap (High) bug in TLS implementation. When writing to a TLS enabled socket, node::StreamBase::Write calls node::TLSWrap::DoWrite with a freshly allocated WriteWrap object as first argument. If the DoWrite method does not return an error, this object is passed back to the caller as part of a StreamWriteResult structure. This may be exploited to corrupt memory leading to a Denial of Service or potentially other exploits (bsc#1180553)
- CVE-2020-8287: HTTP Request Smuggling allow two copies of a header field in a http request. For example, two Transfer-Encoding header fields. In this case Node.js identifies the first header field and ignores the second. This can lead to HTTP Request Smuggling (https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/444.html).
- CVE-2020-1971: OpenSSL - EDIPARTYNAME NULL pointer de-reference (High) This is a vulnerability in OpenSSL which may be exploited through Node.js. (bsc#1179491)
New upstream LTS version 12.20.0 :
- deps :
+ update llhttp '2.1.2' -> '2.1.3'
+ update uv '1.39.0' -> '1.40.0'
+ update uvwasi '0.0.10' -> '0.0.11'
- fs: add .ref() and .unref() methods to watcher classes
- http: added scheduling option to http agent
- module :
+ exports pattern support
+ named exports for CJS via static analysis
- n-api: add more property defaults (gh#35214)
New upstream LTS version 12.19.1 :
- deps: Denial of Service through DNS request (High). A Node.js application that allows an attacker to trigger a DNS request for a host of their choice could trigger a Denial of Service by getting the application to resolve a DNS record with a larger number of responses (bsc#1178882, CVE-2020-8277)
New upstream LTS version 12.19.0 :
- crypto: add randomInt function
- deps :
+ upgrade to libuv 1.39.0
+ deps: upgrade npm to 6.14.7
+ deps: upgrade to libuv 1.38.1
- doc: deprecate process.umask() with no arguments
- module :
+ package 'imports' field
+ module: deprecate module.parent
- n-api: create N-API version 7
- zlib: switch to lazy init for zlib streams
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Web Scripting 15-SP2 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Web-Scripting-15-SP2-2021-62=1
File Name: suse_SU-2021-0062-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:nodejs12, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:nodejs12-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:nodejs12-debugsource, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:nodejs12-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:npm12, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 1/11/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 11/19/2020