New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Ubuntu host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / 20.04 LTS / 20.10 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the USN-4648-1 advisory.
- A type confusion issue was addressed with improved memory handling. This issue is fixed in Safari 14.0.
Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2020-9948)
- A use after free issue was addressed with improved memory management. This issue is fixed in Safari 14.0.
Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2020-9951)
- An input validation issue was addressed with improved input validation. This issue is fixed in iOS 14.0 and iPadOS 14.0, tvOS 14.0, watchOS 7.0, Safari 14.0, iCloud for Windows 11.4, iCloud for Windows 7.21.
Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to a cross site scripting attack. (CVE-2020-9952)
- An out-of-bounds write issue was addressed with improved bounds checking. This issue is fixed in Safari 14.0. Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to code execution. (CVE-2020-9983)
- The bubblewrap sandbox of WebKitGTK and WPE WebKit, prior to 2.28.3, failed to properly block access to CLONE_NEWUSER and the TIOCSTI ioctl. CLONE_NEWUSER could potentially be used to confuse xdg-desktop- portal, which allows access outside the sandbox. TIOCSTI can be used to directly execute commands outside the sandbox by writing to the controlling terminal's input buffer, similar to CVE-2017-5226.
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.