New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Oracle Linux 6 / 7 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the ELSA-2020-5866 advisory.
- An issue was discovered in fs/gfs2/rgrp.c in the Linux kernel before 4.8. A use-after-free is caused by the functions gfs2_clear_rgrpd and read_rindex_entry. (CVE-2016-10905)
- An issue was discovered in drivers/net/ethernet/arc/emac_main.c in the Linux kernel before 4.5. A use- after-free is caused by a race condition between the functions arc_emac_tx and arc_emac_tx_clean.
- The edge_bulk_in_callback function in drivers/usb/serial/io_ti.c in the Linux kernel before 4.10.4 allows local users to obtain sensitive information (in the dmesg ringbuffer and syslog) from uninitialized kernel memory by using a crafted USB device (posing as an io_ti USB serial device) to trigger an integer underflow. (CVE-2017-8924)
- The omninet_open function in drivers/usb/serial/omninet.c in the Linux kernel before 4.10.4 allows local users to cause a denial of service (tty exhaustion) by leveraging reference count mishandling.
- sound/core/seq_device.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.4 allows local users to cause a denial of service (snd_rawmidi_dev_seq_free use-after-free and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device. (CVE-2017-16528)
- In driver_override_store and driver_override_show of bus.c, there is a possible double free due to improper locking. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation. Product: Android Versions: Android kernel Android ID: A-69129004 References: Upstream kernel. (CVE-2018-9415)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's NFS41+ subsystem. NFS41+ shares mounted in different network namespaces at the same time can make bc_svc_process() use wrong back-channel IDs and cause a use-after- free vulnerability. Thus a malicious container user can cause a host kernel memory corruption and a system panic. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out. (CVE-2018-16884)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 4.18.7. In block/blk-core.c, there is an
__blk_drain_queue() use-after-free because a certain error case is mishandled. (CVE-2018-20856)
- A flaw that allowed an attacker to corrupt memory and possibly escalate privileges was found in the mwifiex kernel module while connecting to a malicious wireless network. (CVE-2019-3846)
- The SCTP socket buffer used by a userspace application is not accounted by the cgroups subsystem. An attacker can use this flaw to cause a denial of service attack. Kernel 3.10.x and 4.18.x branches are believed to be vulnerable. (CVE-2019-3874)
- An exploitable denial-of-service vulnerability exists in the Linux kernel prior to mainline 5.3. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by triggering AP to send IAPP location updates for stations before the required authentication process has completed. This could lead to different denial-of-service scenarios, either by causing CAM table attacks, or by leading to traffic flapping if faking already existing clients in other nearby APs of the same wireless infrastructure. An attacker can forge Authentication and Association Request packets to trigger this vulnerability. (CVE-2019-5108)
- In the Linux kernel before 4.20.8, kvm_ioctl_create_device in virt/kvm/kvm_main.c mishandles reference counting because of a race condition, leading to a use-after-free. (CVE-2019-6974)
- The KVM implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.20.5 has a Use-after-Free. (CVE-2019-7221)
- The KVM implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.20.5 has an Information Leak. (CVE-2019-7222)
- The Linux kernel before 5.1-rc5 allows page->_refcount reference count overflow, with resultant use-after- free issues, if about 140 GiB of RAM exists. This is related to fs/fuse/dev.c, fs/pipe.c, fs/splice.c, include/linux/mm.h, include/linux/pipe_fs_i.h, kernel/trace/trace.c, mm/gup.c, and mm/hugetlb.c. It can occur with FUSE requests. (CVE-2019-11487)
- The fix for CVE-2019-11599, affecting the Linux kernel before 5.0.10 was not complete. A local user could use this flaw to obtain sensitive information, cause a denial of service, or possibly have other unspecified impacts by triggering a race condition with mmget_not_zero or get_task_mm calls.
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.1.8. There is a NULL pointer dereference caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/media/usb/siano/smsusb.c driver. (CVE-2019-15218)
- drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/technisat-usb2.c in the Linux kernel through 5.2.9 has an out-of-bounds read via crafted USB device traffic (which may be remote via usbip or usbredir). (CVE-2019-15505)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 4.20.2. An out-of-bounds access exists in the function build_audio_procunit in the file sound/usb/mixer.c. (CVE-2019-15927)
- An issue was discovered in net/wireless/nl80211.c in the Linux kernel through 5.2.17. It does not check the length of variable elements in a beacon head, leading to a buffer overflow. (CVE-2019-16746)
- An issue was discovered in write_tpt_entry in drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/mem.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.2. The cxgb4 driver is directly calling dma_map_single (a DMA function) from a stack variable.
This could allow an attacker to trigger a Denial of Service, exploitable if this driver is used on an architecture for which this stack/DMA interaction has security relevance. (CVE-2019-17075)
- fs/btrfs/volumes.c in the Linux kernel before 5.1 allows a btrfs_verify_dev_extents NULL pointer dereference via a crafted btrfs image because fs_devices->devices is mishandled within find_device, aka CID-09ba3bc9dd15. (CVE-2019-18885)
- A memory leak in the gs_can_open() function in drivers/net/can/usb/gs_usb.c in the Linux kernel before 5.3.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering usb_submit_urb() failures, aka CID-fb5be6a7b486. (CVE-2019-19052)
- Memory leaks in drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_hst.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.11 allow attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering wait_for_completion_timeout() failures. This affects the htc_config_pipe_credits() function, the htc_setup_complete() function, and the htc_connect_service() function, aka CID-853acf7caf10. (CVE-2019-19073)
- In the Linux kernel 5.4.0-rc2, there is a use-after-free (read) in the __blk_add_trace function in kernel/trace/blktrace.c (which is used to fill out a blk_io_trace structure and place it in a per-cpu sub- buffer). (CVE-2019-19768)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.4.6, there is a NULL pointer dereference in drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_discover.c because of mishandling of port disconnection during discovery, related to a PHY down race condition, aka CID-f70267f379b5. (CVE-2019-19965)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.0.6, there is a NULL pointer dereference in drop_sysctl_table() in fs/proc/proc_sysctl.c, related to put_links, aka CID-23da9588037e. (CVE-2019-20054)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.1, there is a memory leak in __feat_register_sp() in net/dccp/feat.c, which may cause denial of service, aka CID-1d3ff0950e2b. (CVE-2019-20096)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.4.7. The prb_calc_retire_blk_tmo() function in net/packet/af_packet.c can result in a denial of service (CPU consumption and soft lockup) in a certain failure case involving TPACKET_V3, aka CID-b43d1f9f7067. (CVE-2019-20812)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of some networking protocols in IPsec, such as VXLAN and GENEVE tunnels over IPv6. When an encrypted tunnel is created between two hosts, the kernel isn't correctly routing tunneled data over the encrypted link; rather sending the data unencrypted. This would allow anyone in between the two endpoints to read the traffic unencrypted. The main threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality. (CVE-2020-1749)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of GRO in versions before 5.2. This flaw allows an attacker with local access to crash the system. (CVE-2020-10720)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernels SELinux LSM hook implementation before version 5.7, where it incorrectly assumed that an skb would only contain a single netlink message. The hook would incorrectly only validate the first netlink message in the skb and allow or deny the rest of the messages within the skb with the granted permission without further processing. (CVE-2020-10751)
- A buffer over-read flaw was found in RH kernel versions before 5.0 in crypto_authenc_extractkeys in crypto/authenc.c in the IPsec Cryptographic algorithm's module, authenc. When a payload longer than 4 bytes, and is not following 4-byte alignment boundary guidelines, it causes a buffer over-read threat, leading to a system crash. This flaw allows a local attacker with user privileges to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2020-10769)
- A memory out-of-bounds read flaw was found in the Linux kernel before 5.9-rc2 with the ext3/ext4 file system, in the way it accesses a directory with broken indexing. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system if the directory exists. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability.
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernels implementation of the invert video code on VGA consoles when a local attacker attempts to resize the console, calling an ioctl VT_RESIZE, which causes an out-of-bounds write to occur. This flaw allows a local user with access to the VGA console to crash the system, potentially escalating their privileges on the system. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality and integrity as well as system availability. (CVE-2020-14331)
- A TOCTOU mismatch in the NFS client code in the Linux kernel before 5.8.3 could be used by local attackers to corrupt memory or possibly have unspecified other impact because a size check is in fs/nfs/nfs4proc.c instead of fs/nfs/nfs4xdr.c, aka CID-b4487b935452. (CVE-2020-25212)
- The rbd block device driver in drivers/block/rbd.c in the Linux kernel through 5.8.9 used incomplete permission checking for access to rbd devices, which could be leveraged by local attackers to map or unmap rbd block devices, aka CID-f44d04e696fe. (CVE-2020-25284)
- A race condition between hugetlb sysctl handlers in mm/hugetlb.c in the Linux kernel before 5.8.8 could be used by local attackers to corrupt memory, cause a NULL pointer dereference, or possibly have unspecified other impact, aka CID-17743798d812. (CVE-2020-25285)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.