New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionNode.js reports :
Updates are now available for v10,x, v12.x and v14.x Node.js release lines for the following issues. HTTP Request Smuggling due to CR-to-Hyphen conversion (High) (CVE-2020-8201) Affected Node.js versions converted carriage returns in HTTP request headers to a hyphen before parsing. This can lead to HTTP Request Smuggling as it is a non-standard interpretation of the header.
- All versions of the 14.x and 12.x releases line Denial of Service by resource exhaustion CWE-400 due to unfinished HTTP/1.1 requests (Critical) (CVE-2020-8251) Node.js is vulnerable to HTTP denial of service (DOS) attacks based on delayed requests submission which can make the server unable to accept new connections. The fix a new http.Server option called requestTimeout with a default value of 0 which means it is disabled by default. This should be set when Node.js is used as an edge server, for more details refer to the documentation.
- All versions of the 14.x release line fs.realpath.native on may cause buffer overflow (Medium) (CVE-2020-8252) libuv's realpath implementation incorrectly determined the buffer size which can result in a buffer overflow if the resolved path is longer than 256 bytes.
- All versions of the 10.x release line
- All versions of the 12.x release line
- All versions of the 14.x release line before 14.9.0
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.