SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the tun subsystem in the Linux kernel before 4.13.14, dev_get_valid_name is not called before register_netdevice. This allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and panic) via an ioctl(TUNSETIFF) call with a dev name containing a / character. This is similar to CVE-2013-4343.(CVE-2018-7191)
- A memory leak in the crypto_report() function in crypto/crypto_user_base.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering crypto_report_alg() failures, aka CID-ffdde5932042.(CVE-2019-19062)
- An issue was discovered in net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c in the Linux kernel before 5.0.11. There is a net/ipv4/tcp_input.c signed integer overflow in tcp_ack_update_rtt() when userspace writes a very large integer to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_min_rtt_wlen, leading to a denial of service or possibly unspecified other impact, aka CID-19fad20d15a6.(CVE-2019-18805)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.0, a memory leak exists in sit_init_net() in net/ipv6/sit.c when register_netdev() fails to register sitn->fb_tunnel_dev, which may cause denial of service, aka CID-07f12b26e21a.(CVE-2019-16994)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.0.6. There is a memory leak issue when idr_alloc() fails in genl_register_family() in net/netlink/genetlink.c.(CVE-2019-15921)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.1.13, there is a memory leak in drivers/scsi/libsas/sas_expander.c when SAS expander discovery fails. This will cause a BUG and denial of service.(CVE-2019-15807)
- An issue was discovered in xfs_setattr_nonsize in fs/xfs/xfs_iops.c in the Linux kernel through 5.2.9.
XFS partially wedges when a chgrp fails on account of being out of disk quota. xfs_setattr_nonsize is failing to unlock the ILOCK after the xfs_qm_vop_chown_reserve call fails. This is primarily a local DoS attack vector, but it might result as well in remote DoS if the XFS filesystem is exported for instance via NFS.(CVE-2019-15538)
- An out-of-bounds access issue was found in the Linux kernel, all versions through 5.3, in the way Linux kernel's KVM hypervisor implements the Coalesced MMIO write operation. It operates on an MMIO ring buffer 'struct kvm_coalesced_mmio' object, wherein write indices 'ring->first' and 'ring->last' value could be supplied by a host user-space process. An unprivileged host user or process with access to '/dev/kvm' device could use this flaw to crash the host kernel, resulting in a denial of service or potentially escalating privileges on the system.(CVE-2019-14821)
- ** DISPUTED ** An issue was discovered in ip_ra_control in net/ipv4/ip_sockglue.c in the Linux kernel through 5.1.5. There is an unchecked kmalloc of new_ra, which might allow an attacker to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash). NOTE: this is disputed because new_ra is never used if it is NULL.(CVE-2019-12381)
- ** DISPUTED ** An issue was discovered in ip6_ra_control in net/ipv6/ipv6_sockglue.c in the Linux kernel through 5.1.5. There is an unchecked kmalloc of new_ra, which might allow an attacker to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash).
NOTE: This has been disputed as not an issue.(CVE-2019-12378)
- An issue was discovered in fs/xfs/xfs_super.c in the Linux kernel before 4.18. A use after free exists, related to xfs_fs_fill_super failure.(CVE-2018-20976)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 4.18.7. In block/blk-core.c, there is an
__blk_drain_queue() use-after-free because a certain error case is mishandled.(CVE-2018-20856)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's NFS41+ subsystem. NFS41+ shares mounted in different network namespaces at the same time can make bc_svc_process() use wrong back-channel IDs and cause a use-after-free vulnerability. Thus a malicious container user can cause a host kernel memory corruption and a system panic. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out.(CVE-2018-16884)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's NFS implementation, all versions 3.x and all versions 4.x up to 4.20. An attacker, who is able to mount an exported NFS filesystem, is able to trigger a null pointer dereference by using an invalid NFS sequence.
This can panic the machine and deny access to the NFS server. Any outstanding disk writes to the NFS server will be lost.(CVE-2018-16871)
- An issue was found in the Linux kernel ipv6 implementation of GRE tunnels which allows a remote attacker to trigger an out-of-bounds access. At this time we understand no trust barrier has been crossed and there is no security implications in this flaw.(CVE-2017-5897)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's vfio interface implementation that permits violation of the user's locked memory limit. If a device is bound to a vfio driver, such as vfio-pci, and the local attacker is administratively granted ownership of the device, it may cause a system memory exhaustion and thus a denial of service (DoS). Versions 3.10, 4.14 and 4.18 are vulnerable.(CVE-2019-3882)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.