New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2020:0339 :
An update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: heap overflow in mwifiex_update_vs_ie() function of Marvell WiFi driver (CVE-2019-14816)
* kernel: heap-based buffer overflow in mwifiex_process_country_ie() function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/sta_ioctl.c (CVE-2019-14895)
* kernel: heap overflow in marvell/mwifiex/tdls.c (CVE-2019-14901)
* kernel: rtl_p2p_noa_ie in drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/ps.c in the Linux kernel lacks a certain upper-bound check, leading to a buffer overflow (CVE-2019-17666)
* kernel: heap overflow in mwifiex_set_uap_rates() function of Marvell Wifi Driver leading to DoS (CVE-2019-14814)
* kernel: heap-overflow in mwifiex_set_wmm_params() function of Marvell WiFi driver leading to DoS (CVE-2019-14815)
* kernel: incomplete fix for race condition between mmget_not_zero()/ get_task_mm() and core dumping in CVE-2019-11599 (CVE-2019-14898)
* Kernel: KVM: export MSR_IA32_TSX_CTRL to guest - incomplete fix for TAA (CVE-2019-11135) (CVE-2019-19338)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* [Azure][8.1] Include patch 'PCI: hv: Avoid use of hv_pci_dev->pci_slot after freeing it' (BZ#1764635)
* block layer: update to v5.3 (BZ#1777766)
* backport xfs: fix missing ILOCK unlock when xfs_setattr_nonsize fails due to EDQUOT (BZ#1778692)
* Backport important bugfixes from upstream post 5.3 (BZ#1778693)
* LUN path recovery issue with Emulex LPe32002 HBA in RHEL 8.0 Server during storage side cable pull testing (BZ#1781108)
* cifs tasks enter D state and error out with 'CIFS VFS: SMB signature verification returned error = -5' (BZ#1781110)
* Update CIFS to linux 5.3 (except RDMA and conflicts) (BZ#1781113)
* RHEL8.0 - Regression to RHEL7.6 by changing force_latency found during RHEL8.0 validation for SAP HANA on POWER (BZ#1781114)
* blk-mq: overwirte performance drops on real MQ device (BZ#1782181)
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.