New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for proftpd fixes the following issues :
- GeoIP has been discontinued by Maxmind (boo#1156210) This update removes module build for geoip see https://support.maxmind.com/geolite-legacy-discontinuati on-notice/
- CVE-2019-19269: Fixed a NULL pointer dereference may occur when validating the certificate of a client connecting to the server (boo#1157803)
- CVE-2019-19270: Fixed a Failure to check for the appropriate field of a CRL entry prevents some valid CRLs from being taken into account (boo#1157798)
- CVE-2019-18217: Fixed remote unauthenticated denial-of-service due to incorrect handling of overly long commands (boo#1154600 gh#846)
Update to 1.3.6b
- Fixed pre-authentication remote denial-of-service issue (Issue #846).
- Backported fix for building mod_sql_mysql using MySQL 8 (Issue #824).
Update to 1.3.6a :
- Fixed symlink navigation (Bug#4332).
- Fixed building of mod_sftp using OpenSSL 1.1.x releases (Issue#674).
- Fixed SITE COPY honoring of <Limit> restrictions (Bug#4372).
- Fixed segfault on login when using mod_sftp + mod_sftp_pam (Issue#656).
- Fixed restarts when using mod_facl as a static module
- Add missing Requires(pre): group(ftp) for Leap 15 and Tumbleweed (boo#1155834)
- Add missing Requires(pre): user(ftp) for Leap 15 and Tumbleweed (boo#1155834)
- Use pam_keyinit.so (boo#1144056)
- Reduce hard dependency on systemd to only that which is necessary for building and installation.
update to 1.3.6 :
- Support for using Redis for caching, logging; see the doc/howto/Redis.html documentation.
- Fixed mod_sql_postgres SSL support (Issue #415).
- Support building against LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL (Issue #361).
- Better support on AIX for login restraictions (Bug #4285).
- TimeoutLogin (and other timeouts) were not working properly for SFTP connections (Bug#4299).
- Handling of the SIGILL and SIGINT signals, by the daemon process, now causes the child processes to be terminated as well (Issue #461).
- RPM .spec file naming changed to conform to Fedora guidelines.
- Fix for 'AllowChrootSymlinks off' checking each component for symlinks (CVE-2017-7418).
New Modules :
- mod_redis, mod_tls_redis, mod_wrap2_redis With Redis now supported as a caching mechanism, similar to Memcache, there are now Redis-using modules: mod_redis (for configuring the Redis connection information), mod_tls_redis (for caching SSL sessions and OCSP information using Redis), and mod_wrap2_redis (for using ACLs stored in Redis).
Changed Modules :
- mod_ban: The mod_ban module's BanCache directive can now use Redis-based caching; see doc/contrib/mod_ban.html#BanCache.
-New Configuration Directives
- SQLPasswordArgon2, SQLPasswordScrypt
The key lengths for Argon2 and Scrypt-based passwords are now configurable via these new directives;
previously, the key length had been hardcoded to be 32 bytes, which is not interoperable with all other implementations (Issue #454).
Changed Configuration Directives
- AllowChrootSymlinks When 'AllowChrootSymlinks off' was used, only the last portion of the DefaultRoot path would be checked to see if it was a symlink. Now, each component of the DefaultRoot path will be checked to see if it is a symlink when 'AllowChrootSymlinks off' is used.
- Include The Include directive can now be used within a <Limit> section, e.g.: <Limit LOGIN> Include /path/to/allowed.txt DenyAll </Limit> API Changes
- A new JSON API has been added, for use by third-party modules.
SolutionUpdate the affected proftpd packages.