SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Extended Update Support.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* kernel: Use-after-free in snd_pcm_info function in ALSA subsystem potentially leads to privilege escalation (CVE-2017-0861)
* kernel: Handling of might_cancel queueing is not properly pretected against race (CVE-2017-10661)
* kernel: kvm: guest userspace to guest kernel write (CVE-2018-10853)
* kernel: TLB flush happens too late on mremap (CVE-2018-18281)
* kernel: a NULL pointer dereference in drivers/scsi/megaraid/ megaraid_sas_base.c leading to DoS (CVE-2019-11810)
* kernel: use-after-free in drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_si_intf.c, ipmi_si_mem_io.c, ipmi_si_port_io.c (CVE-2019-11811)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* Hard lockup in free_one_page()->_raw_spin_lock() because sosreport command is reading from /proc/pagetypeinfo (BZ#1770730)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.