New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the ghostscript packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- ghostscript before version 9.21 is vulnerable to a heap based buffer overflow that was found in the ghostscript jbig2_decode_gray_scale_image function which is used to decode halftone segments in a JBIG2 image. A document (PostScript or PDF) with an embedded, specially crafted, jbig2 image could trigger a segmentation fault in ghostscript.(CVE-2016-9601)
- Artifex jbig2dec 0.13 allows out-of-bounds writes and reads because of an integer overflow in the jbig2_image_compose function in jbig2_image.c during operations on a crafted .jb2 file, leading to a denial of service (application crash) or disclosure of sensitive information from process memory.(CVE-2017-7976)
- Artifex jbig2dec 0.13, as used in Ghostscript, allows out-of-bounds writes because of an integer overflow in the jbig2_build_huffman_table function in jbig2_huffman.c during operations on a crafted JBIG2 file, leading to a denial of service (application crash) or possibly execution of arbitrary code.(CVE-2017-7975)
- Artifex jbig2dec 0.13 has a heap-based buffer over-read leading to denial of service (application crash) or disclosure of sensitive information from process memory, because of an integer overflow in the jbig2_decode_symbol_dict function in jbig2_symbol_dict.c in libjbig2dec.a during operation on a crafted .jb2 file.(CVE-2017-7885)
- libjbig2dec.a in Artifex jbig2dec 0.13, as used in MuPDF and Ghostscript, has a NULL pointer dereference in the jbig2_huffman_get function in jbig2_huffman.c.
For example, the jbig2dec utility will crash (segmentation fault) when parsing an invalid file.(CVE-2017-9216)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected ghostscript packages.