New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* kernel: Handling of might_cancel queueing is not properly pretected against race (CVE-2017-10661)
* kernel: Inifinite loop vulnerability in mm/madvise.c:madvise_willneed() function allows local denial of service (CVE-2017-18208)
* kernel: use-after-free in drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_si_intf.c, ipmi_si_mem_io.c, ipmi_si_port_io.c (CVE-2019-11811)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* update the MRG 2.5.z 3.10 realtime-kernel sources (BZ#1765670)
* [MRG/R] pip_stress hangs when a priority inversion occurs (BZ#1772562)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.