SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* kernel: Handling of might_cancel queueing is not properly pretected against race (CVE-2017-10661)
* kernel: Inifinite loop vulnerability in mm/madvise.c:madvise_willneed() function allows local denial of service (CVE-2017-18208)
* kernel: use-after-free in drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_si_intf.c, ipmi_si_mem_io.c, ipmi_si_port_io.c (CVE-2019-11811)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* update the MRG 2.5.z 3.10 realtime-kernel sources (BZ#1765670)
* [MRG/R] pip_stress hangs when a priority inversion occurs (BZ#1772562)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.