SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Advanced Update Support, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Telco Extended Update Support, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Update Services for SAP Solutions.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* Kernel: vhost_net: infinite loop while receiving packets leads to DoS (CVE-2019-3900)
* Kernel: page cache side channel attacks (CVE-2019-5489)
* Kernel: KVM: nVMX: use-after-free of the hrtimer for emulation of the preemption timer (CVE-2019-7221)
* kernel: Handling of might_cancel queueing is not properly pretected against race (CVE-2017-10661)
* kernel: Inifinite loop vulnerability in mm/madvise.c:madvise_willneed() function allows local denial of service (CVE-2017-18208)
* kernel: use-after-free in drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_si_intf.c, ipmi_si_mem_io.c, ipmi_si_port_io.c (CVE-2019-11811)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Bug Fix(es) :
* [LLNL 7.5 Bug] slab leak causing a crash when using kmem control group (BZ# 1748234)
* kmem, memcg: system crash due to cache destruction race (BZ#1754829)
* kernel build: parallelize redhat/mod-sign.sh (BZ#1755327)
* kernel build: speed up module compression step (BZ#1755336)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.