New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the squid packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Squid before 4.4 has XSS via a crafted X.509 certificate during HTTP(S) error page generation for certificate errors.(CVE-2018-19131)
- Squid before 4.4, when SNMP is enabled, allows a denial of service (Memory Leak) via an SNMP packet.(CVE-2018-19132)
- Incorrect HTTP Request header comparison in Squid HTTP Proxy 220.127.116.11 through 3.5.22, and 4.0.1 through 4.0.16 results in Collapsed Forwarding feature mistakenly identifying some private responses as being suitable for delivery to multiple clients.(CVE-2016-10003)
- An issue was discovered in Squid 3.3.9 through 3.5.28 and 4.x through 4.7. When Squid is configured to use Digest authentication, it parses the header Proxy-Authorization. It searches for certain tokens such as domain, uri, and qop. Squid checks if this token's value starts with a quote and ends with one. If so, it performs a memcpy of its length minus 2. Squid never checks whether the value is just a single quote (which would satisfy its requirements), leading to a memcpy of its length minus 1.(CVE-2019-12525)
- The cachemgr.cgi web module of Squid through 4.7 has XSS via the user_name or auth parameter.(CVE-2019-13345)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected squid packages.