New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version CORE 5.04 / MAIN 5.04, has kernel packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 4.18.7. In block/blk-core.c, there is an
__blk_drain_queue() use-after-free because a certain error case is mishandled. (CVE-2018-20856)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel. A heap based buffer overflow in mwifiex_uap_parse_tail_ies function in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/ie.c might lead to memory corruption and possibly other consequences.
- A vulnerability was found in Linux kernel's, versions up to 3.10, implementation of overlayfs. An attacker with local access can create a denial of service situation via NULL pointer dereference in ovl_posix_acl_create function in fs/overlayfs/dir.c. This can allow attackers with ability to create directories on overlayfs to crash the kernel creating a denial of service (DOS).
- A flaw that allowed an attacker to corrupt memory and possibly escalate privileges was found in the mwifiex kernel module while connecting to a malicious wireless network. (CVE-2019-3846)
- The Bluetooth BR/EDR specification up to and including version 5.1 permits sufficiently low encryption key length and does not prevent an attacker from influencing the key length negotiation. This allows practical brute- force attacks (aka KNOB) that can decrypt traffic and inject arbitrary ciphertext without the victim noticing.
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL kernel packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.