RHEL 8 : libarchive (RHSA-2019:3698)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 130565
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for libarchive is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The libarchive programming library can create and read several different streaming archive formats, including GNU tar, cpio, and ISO 9660 CD-ROM images. Libarchive is used notably in the bsdtar utility, scripting language bindings such as python-libarchive, and several popular desktop file managers.
Security Fix(es) :
* libarchive: Double free in RAR decoder resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-1000877)
* libarchive: Use after free in RAR decoder resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-1000878)
* libarchive: Out of bounds read in archive_read_support_format_7zip.c resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2019-1000019)
* libarchive: Infinite recursion in archive_read_support_format_iso9660.c resulting in denial of service (CVE-2019-1000020)
* libarchive: Out-of-bounds read in lha_read_data_none (CVE-2017-14503)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.1 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.