SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for binutils fixes the following issues :
binutils was updated to current 2.32 branch [jsc#ECO-368].
Includes following security fixes :
- CVE-2018-17358: Fixed invalid memory access in
_bfd_stab_section_find_nearest_line in syms.c (bsc#1109412)
- CVE-2018-17359: Fixed invalid memory access exists in bfd_zalloc in opncls.c (bsc#1109413)
- CVE-2018-17360: Fixed heap-based buffer over-read in bfd_getl32 in libbfd.c (bsc#1109414)
- CVE-2018-17985: Fixed a stack consumption problem caused by the cplus_demangle_type (bsc#1116827)
- CVE-2018-18309: Fixed an invalid memory address dereference was discovered in read_reloc in reloc.c (bsc#1111996)
- CVE-2018-18483: Fixed get_count function provided by libiberty that allowed attackers to cause a denial of service or other unspecified impact (bsc#1112535)
- CVE-2018-18484: Fixed stack exhaustion in the C++ demangling functions provided by libiberty, caused by recursive stack frames (bsc#1112534)
- CVE-2018-18605: Fixed a heap-based buffer over-read issue was discovered in the function sec_merge_hash_lookup causing a denial of service (bsc#1113255)
- CVE-2018-18606: Fixed a NULL pointer dereference in
_bfd_add_merge_section when attempting to merge sections with large alignments, causing denial of service (bsc#1113252)
- CVE-2018-18607: Fixed a NULL pointer dereference in elf_link_input_bfd when used for finding STT_TLS symbols without any TLS section, causing denial of service (bsc#1113247)
- CVE-2018-19931: Fixed a heap-based buffer overflow in bfd_elf32_swap_phdr_in in elfcode.h (bsc#1118831)
- CVE-2018-19932: Fixed an integer overflow and infinite loop caused by the IS_CONTAINED_BY_LMA (bsc#1118830)
- CVE-2018-20623: Fixed a use-after-free in the error function in elfcomm.c (bsc#1121035)
- CVE-2018-20651: Fixed a denial of service via a NULL pointer dereference in elf_link_add_object_symbols in elflink.c (bsc#1121034)
- CVE-2018-20671: Fixed an integer overflow that can trigger a heap-based buffer overflow in load_specific_debug_section in objdump.c (bsc#1121056)
- CVE-2018-1000876: Fixed integer overflow in bfd_get_dynamic_reloc_upper_bound,bfd_canonicalize_dynam ic_reloc in objdump (bsc#1120640)
- CVE-2019-1010180: Fixed an out of bound memory access that could lead to crashes (bsc#1142772)
- enable xtensa architecture (Tensilica lc6 and related)
- Use -ffat-lto-objects in order to provide assembly for static libs (bsc#1141913).
- Fixed some LTO build issues (bsc#1133131 bsc#1133232).
- riscv: Don't check ABI flags if no code section
- Fixed a segfault in ld when building some versions of pacemaker (bsc#1154025, bsc#1154016).
- Add avr, epiphany and rx to target_list so that the common binutils can handle all objects we can create with crosses (bsc#1152590).
Update to binutils 2.32 :
- The binutils now support for the C-SKY processor series.
- The x86 assembler now supports a -mvexwig=[0|1] option to control encoding of VEX.W-ignored (WIG) VEX instructions. It also has a new -mx86-used-note=[yes|no] option to generate (or not) x86 GNU property notes.
- The MIPS assembler now supports the Loongson EXTensions R2 (EXT2), the Loongson EXTensions (EXT) instructions, the Loongson Content Address Memory (CAM) ASE and the Loongson MultiMedia extensions Instructions (MMI) ASE.
- The addr2line, c++filt, nm and objdump tools now have a default limit on the maximum amount of recursion that is allowed whilst demangling strings. This limit can be disabled if necessary.
- Objdump's --disassemble option can now take a parameter, specifying the starting symbol for disassembly.
Disassembly will continue from this symbol up to the next symbol or the end of the function.
- The BFD linker will now report property change in linker map file when merging GNU properties.
- The BFD linker's -t option now doesn't report members within archives, unless -t is given twice. This makes it more useful when generating a list of files that should be packaged for a linker bug report.
- The GOLD linker has improved warning messages for relocations that refer to discarded sections.
- Improve relro support on s390 [fate#326356]
- Fix broken debug symbols (bsc#1118644)
- Handle ELF compressed header alignment correctly.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected binutils packages.