New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM.
Security Fix(es) :
* QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow while reassembling fragmented datagrams (CVE-2018-11806)
* QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow in tcp_emu() (CVE-2019-6778)
* QEMU: ne2000: integer overflow leads to buffer overflow issue (CVE-2018-10839)
* QEMU: pcnet: integer overflow leads to buffer overflow (CVE-2018-17962)
* QEMU: qxl: NULL pointer dereference while releasing spice resources (CVE-2019-12155)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.