SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM.
Security Fix(es) :
* QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow while reassembling fragmented datagrams (CVE-2018-11806)
* QEMU: slirp: heap buffer overflow in tcp_emu() (CVE-2019-6778)
* QEMU: ne2000: integer overflow leads to buffer overflow issue (CVE-2018-10839)
* QEMU: pcnet: integer overflow leads to buffer overflow (CVE-2018-17962)
* QEMU: qxl: NULL pointer dereference while releasing spice resources (CVE-2019-12155)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu-kvm packages.