EulerOS 2.0 SP3 : libarchive (EulerOS-SA-2019-2014)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 129207
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the libarchive package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An error in the lha_read_file_header_1() function (archive_read_support_format_lha.c) in libarchive 3.2.2 allows remote attackers to trigger an out-of-bounds read memory access and subsequently cause a crash via a specially crafted archive.(CVE-2017-5601)
- read_header in archive_read_support_format_rar.c in libarchive 3.3.2 suffers from an off-by-one error for UTF-16 names in RAR archives, leading to an out-of-bounds read in archive_read_format_rar_read_header.(CVE-2017-14502)
- The read_Header function in archive_read_support_format_7zip.c in libarchive 3.2.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via multiple EmptyStream attributes in a header in a 7zip archive.(CVE-2016-8689)
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the safe_fprintf function in tar/util.c in libarchive 3.2.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted non-printable multibyte character in a filename.(CVE-2016-8687)
- OpenEMR version 5.0.0 contains a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in open-flash-chart.swf and
_posteddata.php that can result in . This vulnerability appears to have been fixed in 5.0.0 Patch 2 or higher.(CVE-2018-1000020)
- OpenEMR version 5.0.0 contains a OS Command Injection vulnerability in fax_dispatch.php that can result in OS command injection by an authenticated attacker with any role. This vulnerability appears to have been fixed in 5.0.0 Patch 2 or higher.(CVE-2018-1000019)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected libarchive packages.